Bill simmons chat on ESPN... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill simmons chat on ESPN...

Nick and Daunte should put that on a bulletin board somewhere. That walking sphincter will owe someone an apology shortly.

I can already see him eating those words. Simmons is a Pats fan, so what do you expect. He's just being loyal to his boys. He's a damn funny guy.

jeez venez1284 are you sleeping with him?
Do I need to get you two a room?

People dissing Simmons are either being worse homers than he is, or simply have never read his articles. He is the most entertaining guy on ESPN, maybe all of sports. He knows basketball and football well beyond most of the posters on this board. And if you read anything by him, he consistently picked the Dolphins and peppered his articles with statements about how underrated they were and how they were a darkhorse team all last season. He isn't just being a Patsies homer. He's more of a Celtics homer and even then he mentions Wade as being the best player in the NBA consistently.

If you really get down to it, as Dolphin fans we for the most part love the Pepper trade because we got a former Pro Bowl QB for almost nothing. But take off the orange and green glasses. I'd love for Culpepper to do well, and I believe he will. But there's still a lot of risk involved in getting a potential character flawed individual, who is injured, and had a poor season before his injury, as well as a pretty big contract. I think it will turn out well and I have nothing but good things to say about Culpepper, but don't act like his acquisition is as rock solid as signing Marino in his prime. It might turn out to be Isaiah-esque.

I need to take back my earlier criticism. I didn't put two and two together to realize this was a Bill Simmons' chat. His opinions should be taken not as a "serious" sports columnist, but a sports humorist. I withdraw my objection.

RickyW...loser said:
Phinsfan4ever - He is on page 2 of ESPN. He is extremly sarcastic and funny.

Uh actually he is not really either, Culpepper jokes aside.

He's spent the last couple of years flogging the same OMG Patriot fan horse for the past few years, and it wasnt funny or interesting to begin with.

He's been a dumbed down TMQ for years.

phunwin said:
I'm thrilled by that post. Last week, I wrote him the following email:

OK, it wasn't an article, but I'm still claiming it as a victory.

Edit: Incidentally, I think Simmons is the most entertaining sportswriter alive right now, even accounting for his homerism.

nice email. i agree with you on the entertainment value; i think he's the best thing espn has going for it, web-wise. i look forward to harassing him about this in the coming season. isiah-esque? never...

Jet homer from up here (i'm in NJ). Just a typical Moron Jet and Met fan.

Back
Top Bottom