Bill Simmons Column (Dolphins References) HILARIOUS | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Simmons Column (Dolphins References) HILARIOUS

When Baltimore fans derisively cheered an injured Kyle Boller last week, that made me think of something: Can you imagine any other career in which you could suffer an injury, but because you stink at your job so much, everyone else in your office will start cheering derisively as you're helped out of the building

now that is comedy

SpurzN703 said:
How does Denver lose if they have twice as much talent?

My guess is that they didn't have half as much desire as we did. It was gut-check time for the Fins (I know it was only the first game of the season but we had A LOT to prove).

Bill Simmons is my favorite sports writer but I do have to disagree with his assessment of our talent. He will learn......

Bill Simmons is hillarious. His columns always crack me up.

phinman1 said:
I enjoy his columns, but him saying we didn't have half the talent of the Broncos is flat out stupid.
agreed. Having half the talent of the Broncos dont get u a resounding win. Broncos looked awful. We are better than advertised b4 the season started imo. And remember we have Ricky to come back.

Jet_Hater said:
Bill Simmons is genuis writing at it's best. However, twice the talent is quite a stretch. I would say even talent. However, I never understood how the dolphins were so bad last year. Outside of the Patriots game of course. They lose one guy and the season was a complete disaster. The Patriots won two superbowls with Antoine Smith at the same position..... I guess the players just turned a deaf ear to Wanny. That has to be it.

One guy? Tim Bowens, Larry Chester, David Boston and Lamar Gordon just to name a few and dont forget to add the Wanny Factor.:eek:

Let them say anything they want to, as long as we win I just turn a deaf ear, and LOL:lol: :rofl3:

phinman1 said:
I enjoy his columns, but him saying we didn't have half the talent of the Broncos is flat out stupid.

I agree. The Broncos talent is supposedly mostly in their O-Line and Corners.....Didn't see it.

eddie4fins said:
One guy? Tim Bowens, Larry Chester, David Boston and Lamar Gordon just to name a few and dont forget to add the Wanny Factor.:eek:

Gordon was their to replace the one guy. He doesn't count. Boston wasn't their the year before. They downgraded their second QB: Griese to AJ "Pick 6" Feeley.

Gotta love Simmons...i read his columns every chance i get. You have to realize that from a gambling slant, Gus Frerotte on the road is pretty scary (in a historical respect). It's just that we as phin fans have to believe he'll come through. I think he will. :)

It's amazing how many fans on the main board will toss the baby out with the bath water on Simmons' columns just because he said something about us having half the talent of the Denver Broncos. Soon as people around here saw that it's like "La la la la la la la la la I'm not listening to you la la la la la la la la la"

Bill Simmons pwnz my life.

The guy is a complete and total genius. If he used his powers for evil, he'd rule North America and parts of Mexico and Guatamala.

Muck said:
Bill Simmons pwnz my life.

The guy is a complete and total genius. If he used his powers for evil, he'd rule North America and parts of Mexico and Guatamala.

Agreed, although that email about Ray Lewis and the flag had me in tears!

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

As to the half the talent thing, DON'T READ INTO IT THAT MUCH!!!! SHEESH. HE WAS TRYING TO GIVE US PROPS. Besides we were always the talented team with no coaching. Let others see us the other way around for a while. :evil:

He is actually speaking very good about us, and yet we get mad, is kind of when people talk about Zach Thomas being an overachiever as a bad thing. Overachieving is good, I mean it is cool to have the talent and use it and beat up someone, but it is much better if you don't and your heart and brights make you beat up the other person. I'd rather be the patriots in the Super Bowl when they beat the rams (where you could argue that the more talented team lost) than just being the yankees, and having all the talent all the time.
I don't think we have half the talent of the Broncos, but I do know that we did not beat the Broncos because of excess of talent, we beat them because we wanted it more, because we had a chip on our shoulder, a great coach and a bunch of heart, and I fail to see what is bad about that.

Back
Top Bottom