Bill Simmons ESPN article | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Simmons ESPN article

Ohio Fanatic

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Well he about sums up all our frustrations from the offseason, TC and first two games with Wannstedt. I also agree with him, I think Rothlisberger gets beat up a lot more than Palmer did last week. Predict a good game for all of you that have Miami defense on your fantasy team this week. Like the Wanny bashing, don't like him pointing out LeRetard's article as something substantial.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/040924

MIAMI (-1) over Pittsburgh
Note to everyone in Pittsburgh: You weren't going anywhere with Tommy Maddox. End of story.

So maybe this works out for the best. Rothlissbsvdgtehger comes in sooner than expected, takes his lumps for a few weeks, then makes strides in December when they need him most. Why couldn't this turn out like Bledsoe with the '93 Patriots? Same body, same cannon arm, similar talent -- what am I missing? Remember, Bledsoe struggled for the first three months, took his lumps for a 1-11 team and eventually led them to four straight December wins. No reason this couldn't happen for Rothlissbsvdgtehger. It's all for a greater good.

With that said, you can't ask for a scarier situation than ...

A) A rookie QB making his first start on the road
B) Going against an 0-2 team with a top-five defense.

I'm cashing in this week ... but I'm keeping my eye on this Rothlissbsvdgtehger guy. You never know.

One other Miami note: About six weeks ago, Dan LeBatard wrote a column wondering why Dave Wannstedt still planned on running an offense that revolved around Ricky Williams, even though Ricky was busy walking the earth like Jules in "Pulp Fiction." As Dan pointed out, great coaches adapt to what they have. Wannstedt wasn't adapting. I remember reading it and thinking, "Wait a second. Maybe he's a lousy coach, but even Wannstedt isn't dumb enough to run the same offense without Ricky."

Well, he's dumb enough. One offensive TD in two weeks. Forty rushing attempts for 90 yards. You would think he'd revamp the offense and center everything around Chambers, Booker and McMichael, consequences be damned.

You would think.

One offensive touchdown in 2 weeks? I swear, you think these guys could do a little research before they write articles. 99% of these people have no business getting paid to supply their opinions on sports, they are idiots.

One offensive touchdown or two, it doesn't take away from the fact that the Fins offense blows.

Fawn Lebowitz said:
One offensive touchdown or two, it doesn't take away from the fact that the Fins offense blows.

I agree...and even if it was 2 TD's, everything he said about Wanstetd is true... He's a stubborn dumba$$ that wont change his ways for nothing.

Back
Top Bottom