Bill Simmons - Sweet reading | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Simmons - Sweet reading

Toneboy

British Fins Fan
Reaction score
I can't tell you how much I enjoyed reading Bill Simmons' column today. Enjoy the road through Pittsburgh. :lol:

Anyway, he did make a valid point:
And since I have nothing else to add, how could ABC let this whole game pass without showing some old Dolphins-Pats highlights? Is it because they're worried we wouldn't recognize the old uniforms?
Takes me back to 1985. A three-way fight for the AFC East between the Dolphins, Patriots and Jets. Week 15 in the Orange Bowl. The Patriots are driving for a tie, Tony Eason almost throws an interception but the safety (Lyle Blackwood?) drops it. Next play, same throw, but this time Blackwood comes down with it! Dolphins win and take the division.

That year of course the AFC East sent three teams to the play-offs. The Broncos went 11-5 and went home (in the NFC the Redskins finished 10-6 and went home - bit different to today).

haha this guys great...

Actually, you can't. Brady just threw a GNARLY interception inside the 30. At the rate we're going, Belichick could break the record for "most cutaways with a coach holding both hands against his head."

haha how true is that, everytime they panned to BB he had his hands on his head, haha

I don't know why i love reading Simmons' articles bc i hate all his teams and the fact that he's such a blatant homer...but he's damn funny.

bump. thanks for the link. that column is great. after the first knight INT, i, too, was waiting for "that was just like a punt." i waited in vain. the whole column is solid...

finjim said:
I love it ! I can't stand that Pats homer !

He is a Boston sports homer.......but he is a great writer. I love reading his stuff. If you get past the homerness (is that a word......I don't think so) Simmons is a very funny and entertaining columnist. One of my favorites.

Here's my favorite, especially the last sentence:

"The amazing thing about the Patriots' recent 27-for-28 run? That this type of game didn't happen more often. Good teams lose plenty of games because they squandered an 11-point lead with four minutes to play, or because someone completed a pseudo-Hail Mary on them, or because their star QB inexplicably crapped the bed for no reason ... these things happen all the time in football, and at least three times a month to the Seahawks. To Belichick and the Patriots? Never. They were due. Overdue, even."

WAY OVERDUE, Bill. You should have seen it from the rest of the league's perspective.

I think the guy's a bonehead. Figures that he's a Pats fan. Bonehead and Pats fan seem to be synonomous.

Simmons has always been one of my favorite writers(I'm a Red Sox fan)....ever since he was the BSG.....this is my favorite part of this article....
7:50 -- Actually, you can't. Brady just threw a GNARLY interception inside the 30. At the rate we're going, Belichick could break the record for "most cutaways with a coach holding both hands against his head."

(This is a textbook Pats game in the Brady Era -- every time they look like they're pulling away, they find a way to keep the other team hanging around for a little while before they finally finish them off. It's uncanny. One of these weeks, they're going to end up doing this against the wrong team. Let's just hope it doesn't happen in January.)

he got his wish... it happened in December :D

I enjoy his columns, he is a Boston Fan but what I like about him are his articles are funny and he doesn't try to hide his allegiance unlike some media types who pretend to be neutral but their Bias leaks out at everytime they open their mouth. He is a fan, gives credit where credit is due and writes funny articles, great to have and he does it well.

The only Simmons i read is John Simmons.
He iz da bst rider ibe ebr red n my lyf.
:yes:

I think the article is very good. But he like everyone else, is blaming NE and not giving Miami any credit. Everyone is sayign "oh NE lost the game."

Sorry, but the truth us Miami BEAT the Patriots.

7:44 -- Tafoya tells us that Belichick told her before the third quarter, "I was so upset in the locker room at halftime, I started whipping my feces around like a monkey in a cage." All right, I made that up. But has the halftime interview ever yielded anything? What's the coach going to say? The Dolphins suck. I can't believe we're only up by four.

i busted up laughing to this one^

Back
Top Bottom