Billecheck- RickyWilliams is the Wildcat | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Billecheck- RickyWilliams is the Wildcat

Ok, so Belichick is pretty sure that Ronnie doesn't make a read to hand off to Ricky or not. He's probably right.

Ok, so Belichick is pretty sure that Ronnie doesn't make a read to hand off to Ricky or not. He's probably right.

The wildcat is the guy in motion. That's the Ricky role.

The wildcat is the guy in motion. That's the Ricky role.

Right, but there's a paragraph in there where Belichick says that the decision to hand to the Wildcat cannot be a read by Ronnie - it's predetermined. He bases this off the blocking schemes. We had this same discussion in another thread yesterday.

If it *could* be a read, that would make it a lot more effective. But that's adding a QB-like layer of mental complexity for Ronnie and the O-line and a chance for a fumble in the exchange with Ricky.

Right, but there's a paragraph in there where Belichick says that the decision to hand to the Wildcat cannot be a read by Ronnie - it's predetermined. He bases this off the blocking schemes. We had this same discussion in another thread yesterday.

If it *could* be a read, that would make it a lot more effective. But that's adding a QB-like layer of mental complexity for Ronnie and the O-line and a chance for a fumble in the exchange with Ricky.

well put

The Wishbone is predicated on the FB dive & the reads go from there.

Continuuing that philosophy, whether in Gainesville or w/ the phins, that role is occupied by Timmy or Ronnie. In my mind, there is no doubt who the 'cat is based around.

Ricky's role is crucial i.e like piching to the halfback. Hey, thats just me and my 2 cents.

As far as a new OC (hypothetically speaking), Lets get Paul Johnson currently the HC @ Ga Tech. Ha ha ha ha ha!!!?

Back
Top Bottom