Billick: Dolphins 31st in the toxic differential | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Billick: Dolphins 31st in the toxic differential

roy_miami

2020 cant get here soon enough
Reaction score
Was listening to Billick on WQAM, he's working on an article about the toxic differential, which is a stat derived from the combination of takeaways and explosive plays. The Dolphins rank of 31st is due to being -9 in the turnover differential and -17 in the explosive play differential.

I know this isn't going to come as a shock to anybody here but I think its an interesting stat because it speaks to the quality of playmakers you have on your roster on both sides of the ball.

I found an article on this stat from last season and 5 of the 6 worst teams in this stat had a top 6 draft pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a better term is lack of playmakers on this team which we all know is from terrible drafting and FA signings. Doesn't help when you have a coaching staff in place for 4 years with little ability at developing talent.

With 50 mil and 5 picks in the top 90, there is no excuse for not having several playmakers at least showing promise at this time next season. Of course with Ireland in control I'm not holding my breath.

I heard that too. What a great stat to monitor into the future. Talk about something that can determine if you are able to win games, eh?

It's SPOT ON and points up what our our problem is.

We draft for potential, NOT performance. ireland thumbs his nose at the Peter Principle.

Our players are consumed with just trying to hold their ground and not make mistakes. Other teams have IMPACT players who know how to make things happen.

We have only 1 playmaker in the secondary.

Zero in the WR corp, and at this moment NONE in the RB room.

This team lacks alot of ****.

**** Jeff Ireland.

We have only 1 playmaker in the secondary.

Zero in the WR corp, and at this moment NONE in the RB room.

This team lacks alot of ****.

**** Jeff Ireland.
Who is that one playmaker in our Secondary?

Damn - I'm a big fan but how can one continue to even watch this team play? This **** has to stop. Find playmakers now!

I think a better term is lack of playmakers on this team which we all know is from terrible drafting and FA signings. Doesn't help when you have a coaching staff in place for 4 years with little ability at developing talent.

With 50 mil and 5 picks in the top 90, there is no excuse for not having several playmakers at least showing promise at this time next season. Of course with Ireland in control I'm not holding my breath.

Of the players acquired while Sparano was coaching, only Marshall has had great success with other coaching staffs. You could maybe count Bell as still playing strong, as he is having a solid season.

Thats it. If anyone can think of another player feel free to throw it up. But every other coaching staff in the league hasnt had much success with players Ireland once acquired. I have a hard time believing Sparano destroyed the careers of every player he touched. The more likely scenario is Ireland just didnt grab good players.

Interesting stat and a disappointing one thanks for posting

Was listening to Billick on WQAM, he's working on an article about the toxic differential, which is a stat derived from the combination of takeaways and explosive plays. The Dolphins rank of 31st is due to being -9 in the turnover differential and -17 in the explosive play differential.

I know this isn't going to come as a shock to anybody here but I think its an interesting stat because it speaks to the quality of playmakers you have on your roster on both sides of the ball.

I found an article on this stat from last season and 5 of the 6 worst teams in this stat had a top 6 draft pick.

Am I the only one that thinks "explosive play" stat sounds like they made it up? It's like they run out of topics to discuss so they just made it up to have something to talk about.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

The thing about this offense. Not only does this team lack playmakers. We also lack a capable oline to protect our QB. So many of the plays were most teams keep only 5 players for pass protection we usually keep 6 to 7 players in for protection. Which doesn't give Tannehill many options.

The thing about this offense. Not only does this team lack playmakers. We also lack a capable oline to protect our QB. So many of the plays were most teams keep only 5 players for pass protection we usually keep 6 to 7 players in for protection. Which doesn't give Tannehill many options.

Football is trying to come up with sport-specific scientific data to quantify the game.

Back
Top Bottom