Billick now only 'big-name' possibility? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Billick now only 'big-name' possibility?

I'm sort of rooting for Les Miles. Not sure why I just think he is Ross' superstar HC.

The biggest obstacle to being successful in Miami and the AFC east is Brady and Bellichek.
I can understand some of the coaches being scared to compete against great competition.
As far as the team's skill, the GM, and draft position...all of those can be changed. At the moment, we are a pretty attractive choice if you ask me.
IMHO, a young head coach would be schooled by Bellichek.
i agree other job are easyier than dolphins. rams, chargers, jacksonville, are softer div and you can win quicker like 49ers job.. who every is coach of dolphins have thier hand full dealing with ne but dolphins and jets are equal just jets coach was little better.

the biggest obstacle to being successful in Miami and the AFC east is Brady and Bellichek? so what coach can handle that for next 5 yr without getting fired in tell brady is done?? the other job seem better

not happening

Don't be so sure......what makes Miami so appealing ? Not much......I think you guys might be in for a rude awakening. Just as this past off-season, we couldn't attract any of the big name free agents, we probably won't be attracting a big name coach, unless Ross overpay's and exorbitantly.

Can we hire a new coach right after the end of the regular season, say like Monday? I know they have to interview candidates and satisfy the Rooney rule, but what if they have already done interviews? Just officially interview Bowles for the position Monday morning and make your announcement in the afternoon. Hopefully we got a good head start on the whole process.

Can we hire a new coach right after the end of the regular season, say like Monday? I know they have to interview candidates and satisfy the Rooney rule, but what if they have already done interviews? Just officially interview Bowles for the position Monday morning and make your announcement in the afternoon. Hopefully we got a good head start on the whole process.
It won't be that quick. Don't think there has ever been a coaching search that went that fast. It will probably take 1-2 weeks until a new head coach is announced.

a lot of fire between Billick & Miami....the only thing stopping me from calling this a lock is Jeff Ireland. Billick doesnt know him, but then again Carl Peterson will have final say

Just as this past off-season, we couldn't attract any of the big name free agents, we probably won't be attracting a big name coach, unless Ross overpay's and exorbitantly.

Collectively looking at the history of Dansby, Marshall, Burnett, Bush - not bad pick ups, while we have some great home-grown talent as foundation for many years to come.

But it was also known that in league circles that Sparano wasn't someone that you'd want to play for. Now that he is out, prospects should improve.

Chip Kelly is NO steve Spurrier lets get that straight right now. Chip Kelly Live, Breathes, and Sh** football 24/7. I live in Oregon, and I know this to be true. His offense would thrive in the NFL, and if he were here we would be the best in shape football team in the NFL. You think his hurry up off in the the games is fast. Let me tell you they practice at an even faster pace than in game. Someone made a comment about his off would not work in the NFL because in the NFL the players are bigger, and faster. Well if he was an NFL coach he would have NFL players not colledge players. So that comment does not even fly. He is a football Genius. However all this talk to mute as I do not think he would come to the NFL quit yet.

:lol: now that was a funny post....oh, you were serious...that's even more funny.

Collectively looking at the history of Dansby, Marshall, Burnett, Bush - not bad pick ups, while we have some great home-grown talent as foundation for many years to come.

But it was also known that in league circles that Sparano wasn't someone that you'd want to play for. Now that he is out, prospects should improve.

Wow, that is not the impression I got. All the players I ever heard talk was very excited to play for TS. Then again I don't rub elbows with a lot of league players, but I never heard a single player say they didn't enjoy playing for Tony. And the way they played after going 0-7, it was quite obvious they never gave up on him. Not saying I am sorry he is gone, it had to happen, but I don't think any players around the league had a problem playing for him. He seemed really fair and honest to the players and that is the way to win their respect usually, IMO.

Wow, that is not the impression I got. All the players I ever heard talk was very excited to play for TS. Then again I don't rub elbows with a lot of league players, but I never heard a single player say they didn't enjoy playing for Tony. And the way they played after going 0-7, it was quite obvious they never gave up on him. Not saying I am sorry he is gone, it had to happen, but I don't think any players around the league had a problem playing for him. He seemed really fair and honest to the players and that is the way to win their respect usually, IMO.
What he may be referring to is how Sparano often micro manages down to the smallest detail of what many consider to be trivial items. I have read the same things and heard it discussed on talk radio.

as long as ireland is here, bowles will be the guy.
MichaelWhattheoffice10400786400226-1.gif

Back
Top Bottom