Billick or Gruden | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Billick or Gruden

normaniii

Active Roster
Reaction score
With the owners rumoured to be looking for an experienced HC and Nolan stating he is happy as a DC, surely the next HC has to be offensive minded!

The D is TOP 5 in points against and to hire a defensive minded coach would be, in my mind utter insanity.

In my mind, I not saying my choice, but I think our next HC is one of these 2.

I'm gonna let this thing play out. I know they said they want experience, but once Ross gets of whiff of some of these guys demands (my GM not yours) and salary requirements (Billick has at least twice referred to himself as too old and too expensive for some teams) he may open his eyes to some younger coordinators. Let's see who becomes available after a couple of teams get knocked out of the playoffs before we start throwing money at people.

Not sure why Billick would be expensive, I certainly wouldn't pay him more than anybody else. For what, riding the coat tails of the most smothering and intimidating defense since the '85 Bears to a title--once? It should take more than that.

If we get Billick there is a good chance that we can keep nolan. If we get Gruden I think he will want his own defensive coordinator. for that reason I would take Billick. Nolan is a great d coordinator.

Let's see Billick has the same number of Super Bowl wins and a better winning percentage in the regular season.

Plus, as the OP said, you can keep Nolan.

Finally, Gruden grinds the **** out his player and hate him years later. Brian Billick is respect beyond no end by Ray Lewis, Ozzie Newsome and Steve Bisciotti.

I don't think either has ever successfully developed a young QB. Cowher on the other hand managed a very raw Big Ben well enough into a SB victory. There's your answer if you want a 1st round potential franchise QB.

There's little doubt, IMO, that Gruden would love to pull his Rich Gannon/Brad Johnson magic with Matt Moore and don't know if that's necessarily a bad thing.

If we get Billick there is a good chance that we can keep nolan. If we get Gruden I think he will want his own defensive coordinator. for that reason I would take Billick. Nolan is a great d coordinator.

I am starting to warm to Billick. He is an offense guy. He worked with Nolan and his recent comments say he would be interested. I never thought he would be interested in the job.

He got run out of town when the cowhers of the world got to stay when they sucked. Dont get how that happens sometimes but I think its clear we are getting a Qb if not two and to bring in someone like Billick might be a charm. Billick can deal with the rediculoua s florida media with his direct style.

My only reservation was he always showed disdain for miami when he played us for no reason (we are not rivals).

I dont think gruden will come out of broadcasting. He is making bank on a part time job while he might make twice as much working 10 times harder. think about it. I dont want a guy who wants to be paid the highest and is money first. I would think fin fans would get smart on this.

Back
Top Bottom