Bills and Phin fans... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills and Phin fans...

phunwin

The name's Bond...James Bond.
Reaction score
Last week, Arizona's visit to Buffalo was blacked out.
This week, Arizona's visit to Miami will be broadcast on TV.

So much for that ultra-loyal Bills fanbase, and that ultra-fickle Dolphins fanbase. ;)

I actually think it would be good for the team if the games were blacked out. That would incent protests and negativity which would in turn result in positive changes being made to get fans back to the stadium.

I'd take one for the team and miss a game (BS I'd drive to Tampa and watch it) if it helps get this sinking trawler turned around.

phunwin said:
Last week, Arizona's visit to Buffalo was blacked out.
This week, Arizona's visit to Miami will be broadcast on TV.

So much for that ultra-loyal Bills fanbase, and that ultra-fickle Dolphins fanbase. ;)

WSVN bought all the remaining tickets.. Expect a empty game.

]mod edit:If you would like to continue to post here, please keep football talk and political talk from assimiliating with each other. Thank you.

why would a network buy up all the tickets. I know that if games arent sell outs they black out but they probably had to buy off alot of tickets seeing as how it is two of the worst teams in the league, and less people are going to watch it cause it is two of the worst teams in the league.

PhinsPhan said:
why would a network buy up all the tickets.

Because the local ad revenue is contingent on the game being on local television. No local broadcast, no $$ for the local affiliate.

Ralph Wilson Stadium is one of the biggest stadiums in the NFL, and it wouldn't make sense for a network to buy the seats to lose money.

We had about 6,000 not sold. Most of the tickets sold were actually USED with people in the stands. I've seen some Miami home games on TV and I see plenty of empty seats.

Clumpy said:
We had about 6,000 not sold. Most of the tickets sold were actually USED with people in the stands. I've seen some Miami home games on TV and I see plenty of empty seats.
They were buying beer....

:)

Back
Top Bottom