Bills break camp with unanswered questions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills break camp with unanswered questions

PatsWin2002

Bringin' it!
Reaction score
Thought some might like this.........:D

By John Wawrow, Associated Press, 8/20/2003 15:12

PITTSFORD, N.Y. (AP) The Buffalo Bills packed up training camp Wednesday with unanswered questions regarding an offense that's not clicking and a defense that's not yet jelled.

They left suburban Rochester for their home in Orchard Park with two preseason games left beginning with Saturday's game against St. Louis to get their act together.

''Our offense needs to get on track, and our defense needs to shorten the field,'' coach Gregg Williams said. And Williams noted he wants to see a few more explosive returns from his special teams unit.

''Training camp's not over,'' he added. ''We've still got work to do.''

That's as blunt an assessment as the usually upbeat Williams will provide of what's supposed to be an improved team, carrying big expectations to end a four-season playoff drought.

The rest:
http://www.boston.com/dailynews/232/sports/Bills_break_camp_with_unanswer:.shtml

Yep, it's been a pretty bad effort in camp from the offense, and the defense wasn't nearly as improved as expected. It is only preseason and they can correct these problems, but the Patriots will be in town in a couple weeks and if they're going to get things back on track, now is the time to do it. They made a lot of good offseason moves ON PAPER and had me and a lot of other Bills fans excited about the possibilities for this season. If it turns out to be another losing season or a season where there are obvious signs of poor coaching, a lot of Bills fans will be very upset, myself included. I am reserving judgment on this team until we see how they start off the season.

Fortunately, we've answered most of those questions now, and more than one prognosticator is picking the Bills as the AFC rep in the Super Bowl. No, I'm not predicting that yet, but if I do at some point I'll be trailing a group.

Originally posted by PatsWin2002
Thought some might like this.........:D

By John Wawrow, Associated Press, 8/20/2003 15:12

PITTSFORD, N.Y. (AP) The Buffalo Bills packed up training camp Wednesday with unanswered questions regarding an offense that's not clicking and a defense that's not yet jelled.

They left suburban Rochester for their home in Orchard Park with two preseason games left beginning with Saturday's game against St. Louis to get their act together.

''Our offense needs to get on track, and our defense needs to shorten the field,'' coach Gregg Williams said. And Williams noted he wants to see a few more explosive returns from his special teams unit.

''Training camp's not over,'' he added. ''We've still got work to do.''

That's as blunt an assessment as the usually upbeat Williams will provide of what's supposed to be an improved team, carrying big expectations to end a four-season playoff drought.

The rest:
http://www.boston.com/dailynews/232/sports/Bills_break_camp_with_unanswer:.shtml

They will get it togeher and be their usual dominate self. I think they can get to 8-8 if some things go their way.

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom