Bills Ditch Cowart, Sign Rams Fletcher | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Ditch Cowart, Sign Rams Fletcher

I think this is a better move for you guys. Fletch isn't as pure a player as Cowart, but at least he stays healthy for a whole year at a time. :D

That is a good sign for the Jills! Wonder how pumped Cowart will be to play buffalo next year. Wonder if it was a goal of his to play in the same division as Buffalo.

Anyone know how the Jets afforded that contract. I really think that they over paid him coming off the knee surgery. Maybe he and the Jets Defensive cordinator, Ted Cotral? had a heart to heart before this one.

Cowart won't make it out of training camp...he'll have lost 20 % of his speed & will be average at best after the achilles he blew last year...

The Bills were wise to dump him.

Originally posted by IAFINFAN
Anyone know how the Jets afforded that contract. I really think that they over paid him coming off the knee surgery.

It was his Achilles, and I think I saw that the Jets paid him like 25 mill over 5 years, or something...1.5 mill signing bonus.

But don't hold me to it, cause I am using that blasted memory again, and when it comes to the Bills, I don't store a whole lot for them.

lol

A buddy of mine is a Jills fan and he is freaking out right now with all the players that they are losing. I love giving him crap.

He was upset with Cowart leaving, but he has to be a couple steps slow right now and no way will he be the player he was before the injury.

I just wish he signed for another team and not the cessnas.

Originally posted by BigDoug
Cowart won't make it out of training camp...he'll have lost 20 % of his speed & will be average at best after the achilles he blew last year...

The Bills were wise to dump him.

Were the Bills also wise to dump Marcellus Wiley? Doug Flutie? Bruce Smith?..........

You'd sign Wiley @ $7m per? You think Flutie's NFL calibre?
Sheesh?!!!

I'll give you Bruce Smith, but remember he was a cap casualty...something you guys will be VERRRRRY familiar with by next year.

You'd sign Wiley @ $7m per? You think Flutie's NFL calibre?
Sheesh?!!!

I'll give you Bruce Smith, but remember he was a cap casualty...something you guys will be VERRRRRY familiar with by next year.
Another Jillybob prediciting the Dolphins future,, I find these posts sooo ironic because this time last year all you read or heard about from the biggest % of Ills faithfull was that Flutie should stay and Johnson should, go and how Wiley wouldn't be missed because you had Price, Williams, and washed up Hansen---the only legitimate all pro defensive player you had on defense was Cowart and he is in a Jest uniform this season !!! Your team went - what - 6-10 with Johnson, Hansen, and Cowart last season ,,,,do you really believe that they can post a better record without them ?? The signing of Fletcher is a positive but without some descent D- linemen in front of him he will probably struggle bigtime.. Do not even attempt to compare your teams front office mismanagement of your Ills cap to the decisive cap management of the Dolphins ! There is NO comparison! I like the resigning of Van Pelt -- yeah he is worth that 1 million plus a year ,,he makes Fieldler look like Warner in comparison. You have too much to worry about with your western NY basement bisons (this season and many more), to even think of posting on this Phins web site the problems that you feel Miami is or will encounter ..... Marino1983 :lol: :lol:

Fletcher is a lot like Zach - all he does is produce. Now we need Kreutz even more :D

Originally posted by Marino1983
Do not even attempt to compare your teams front office mismanagement of your Ills cap to the decisive cap management of the Dolphins ! There is NO comparison! I like the resigning of Van Pelt -- yeah he is worth that 1 million plus a year ,,he makes Fieldler look like Warner in comparison. You have too much to worry about with your western NY basement bisons (this season and many more), to even think of posting on this Phins web site the problems that you feel Miami is or will encounter ..... Marino1983 :lol: :lol:

Check out the cap analysis of the 'phins at
http://www.buffalobillsinsider.com/dolphinscap_2002.html

You guys are/will be in big trouble...you're just in denial.

Originally posted by dolphan39
Fletcher is a lot like Zach - all he does is produce. Now we need Kreutz even more :D

In other words, I don't have to worry about Fletcher either(MAWAE):sleep:

Check out the cap analysis of the 'phins at
http://www.buffalobillsinsider.com/dolphinscap_2002.html

You guys are/will be in big trouble...you're just in denial.

We'll see Doug. Everybody said the same thing last year. Again, please do not compare our front office to your crappy one in the Butler era. Butler can't hold Speilman's jockstrap. Either way, I think Miami is finally getting to the point where we are willing to take some chances to get the big prize. Those chances being Ricky Williams, Olin Kreutz, Chester.

Doesn't matter what our cap is like anyway. We'll still beat Buffalo.

Originally posted by Muck

Either way, I think Miami is finally getting to the point where we are willing to take some chances to get the big prize. Those chances being Ricky Williams, Olin Kreutz, Chester.

Those three guys are a good sign that we ARE going to be in trouble soon. Miami head honchos seem to be doing EXACTLY what needs to be done to make this team a SuperBowl contender NEXT season. Clumped may be right, Dave and co may already KNOW we are going to lose alot of players in 2003,but look at who we are going after. WE will have a 1000 yard back who is young and still going to improve, we will have a tough as nails center for the next six years who is already an All star but likely will still improve, and we already have a plug for the middle of the defensive line locked up for the next 5 years if we want. Now, if I was going to rebuild a team, I think that is exactly the three positions I would start building around.
I think it's a great plan, win the Super Bowl next season, say goodbye to alot of famaliar players in the offseason, and then enjoy watching a new team built around a new core of Fiedler, Williams, Minor, Chambers, Wade, Kruetz on offense and Chester, Taylor,Surtain, Greenwood, Freeman, and Fletcher on defense. I don't see this as being a problem, let alone a 3-13 season. So one thing is for sure, every team has their own cap hell.

Back
Top Bottom