Bills Ditch Cowart, Sign Rams Fletcher | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Ditch Cowart, Sign Rams Fletcher

Originally posted by inFINSible

Those three guys are a good sign that we ARE going to be in trouble soon. Miami head honchos seem to be doing EXACTLY what needs to be done to make this team a SuperBowl contender NEXT season. Clumped may be right, Dave and co may already KNOW we are going to lose alot of players in 2003,but look at who we are going after. WE will have a 1000 yard back who is young and still going to improve, we will have a tough as nails center for the next six years who is already an All star but likely will still improve, and we already have a plug for the middle of the defensive line locked up for the next 5 years if we want. Now, if I was going to rebuild a team, I think that is exactly the three positions I would start building around.
I think it's a great plan, win the Super Bowl next season, say goodbye to alot of famaliar players in the offseason, and then enjoy watching a new team built around a new core of Fiedler, Williams, Minor, Chambers, Wade, Kruetz on offense and Chester, Taylor,Surtain, Greenwood, Freeman, and Fletcher on defense. I don't see this as being a problem, let alone a 3-13 season. So one thing is for sure, every team has their own cap hell.
This is why I am not really thrilled with the Dolphins bringing in Williams, the expectations from even some fin fans is a S-B win and nothing less!! And while it looks like R W's will be in Miami's backfield this season, I have 3 concerns about this move, #1 as I have posted before, will he leave the baggage in N-O's and come into training camp with a team attitude to do everything possible to get this team a championship? #2 Will R W's want a new contract before the season starts ? And #3 I know you guy's don't want to think about this but what if Williams comes into camp and my first to concerns become fact ? I agree with you INFINSIBLE that all these moves are planned out ,, but they are also hinging on getting R W's, and having him become the back for Miami that has always seemed to elude us Phin fans since Larry Csonka was destroying LB's in the mid 70's. Believe me - if all these deals pan out. there will not be ANY happier Maimi Dolphin fan then me,, but that carrot has been dangled in front of Phin fans many times before,, and while I am not comparing the debacle in 1995 to what is going on now-- it does make a person wonder !! Marino1983 :(

I don't make any predictions as to how it will work out, I just think that it is as good a plan as any, and if Ricky wants a new contract to make him happy I'm sure something can be worked out. How bad would it be if we had to sign him long term. It wouldn't suck. This isn't just about RW either, I think Kruetz is absolutely essential to complete the scenario, I mean let's face it, Ricky goes no where without the Dozers up front clearing the way, right?
As far as baggage goes, if he performs on game day, he can wear pantyhose to church for all I care. I believe he is more of a flake than a locker room cancer and I have never heard any one question his attitude or his toughness on the field, so all that other satellite crap is meaningless, IMO.
What have you got if you aint got dreams of the Super Bowl? With two more players( Kruetz and Williams)on board this will be a great time to be a Dolphin fan.

Originally posted by BigDoug

Check out the cap analysis of the 'phins at
http://www.buffalobillsinsider.com/dolphinscap_2002.html

You guys are/will be in big trouble...you're just in denial.

Leave it to a bills fan to point out something outdated and discussed on this forum over a month ago. Not to mention it was written by a bills fan who made glaring mistakes in it.

BigDoug. We don't have salary cap problems until 2004. 2003 is fine and clear. 2004 will mean some restructuring and 2005 is where we will have to cut 2 players to fit under the cap. Spielman is incredibly smart and makes deals while looking 3-4-5 years down the road. All we have to do is make sure we groom replacements for 2005 for the 2 players they decide to cut.

Oh my..that's such cap trouble.

/me drips sarcasm.

Back
Top Bottom