Bills' Donahoe wants Rivers. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills' Donahoe wants Rivers.

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
THE NEWS

Bills' general manager Tom Donahoe told the Buffalo media that he intends to select a "franchise quarterback" at this year's draft. He said the team isn't looking to replace Drew Bledsoe this season, but would simply like to bring in someone who could be groomed by the veteran quarterback. "We have one franchise quarterback and we're looking for another one," Donahoe said. The Bills currently hold the No. 13 pick in next weekend's draft.

OUR VIEW

The Bills are reportedly hoping that Philip Rivers will fall to them in the first round. Wish in one hand and do something in the other. Wait, how does that old saying go? The Chargers and Steelers are believed to have serious interest in Rivers and both teams pick ahead of the Bills. In other words, the Bills will probably need to trade up to have a legitimate shot at selecting the North Carolina State standout. And even if Bills' officials do swing a deal, there is no guarantee that Rivers will still be available to them since the Chargers currently hold the first overall pick. The Chargers may trade down, but probably not far enough that they'll be in jeopardy of not having the first crack at Rivers.

fanball.com

I really don't think he's THAT stupid.

hmmm, I don't know if I'd believe him. Why would he let everyone know his intentions?

Last edited by a moderator:
All the Bills messageboards are talking about it too.. There is even a possiblity of a trade between the Falcons and Bills so they can get ahead of Pitt.

They can have Rivers. With that ****ty delivery, he will be dead meat with our defense. Please Tom, take Rivers.:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

You have no idea what you are talking about. Rivers will be
a franchise QB. We better hope San Diego takes him and
not the buffs.

Wasn't there a time not too long ago where a lot of football gurus said Tom Donahoe had one of the best "football minds" in the NFL and was a great talent evaluator? Didn't he help the Phins in a draft awhile back or am I confusing him with someone else? :confused:

GOOD!!!!!!!

They can have him. Take a QB at #13 and sit him on the bench for a year. Pass on all of the top shelf WR's. Makes sense.

PHINZ RULE!!!

Buffalo drafting Rivers would be even better than a Chris Chambers contract extension! :woot:

One problem if donohobag is looking at rivers, san diego trades out of the number one with the giants or someone else. But the thing that makes it difficult is pittsburgh. pittsburgh picks two ahead of them. and believe me, pittsburgh would love to F buffalo and donohoe. buffalo to trade up over pitt and get rivers is a bit much, which leads me to believe that it is just donohoe making a play to end up with a Roy williams or something.

Who ever Spielman, Donahue, or any other GM says they're going after you just cross that person off as they're not going after.

I don't think any GM is going to tip his hand to the media. He said he's looking for another Fran. QB. So is everybody else. SMOKE SCREEN:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom