Bill's Fan Perspective on O-Gun - Booker Trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill's Fan Perspective on O-Gun - Booker Trade

baalworship

O Ba´al, now your foes you must slay
Reaction score
First off, Marty Booker is a great receiver. He's not a burner but is a big, possession receiver who can make tough catches and move the chains. For those Fin fans claiming Booker will play second fiddle to Chambers and Boston, think again. Booker will lead the Dolphins in receptions and TD's this year.

This trade may work out in the long term for the Dolphins. You definitely need to start putting money on the offensive side of the ball. But short-term, I love this trade as a Bills fan. The Dolphin that killed us and burned Mike Williams time and again was Adewale Ogunleye.

For any doubters, throw in the tape of the first Bills-Dolphins game from last year. Without Ogun, your defensive line goes from top 3 to top 10. Not a huge dropoff but in a division rivalry game that means Bledsoe has JUST that much more time to find Moulds, Reed, Evans or McGahee streaking down the sideline.

baalworship said:
First off, Marty Booker is a great receiver. He's not a burner but is a big, possession receiver who can make tough catches and move the chains. For those Fin fans claiming Booker will play second fiddle to Chambers and Boston, think again. Booker will lead the Dolphins in receptions and TD's this year.

This trade may work out in the long term for the Dolphins. You definitely need to start putting money on the offensive side of the ball. But short-term, I love this trade as a Bills fan. The Dolphin that killed us and burned Mike Williams time and again was Adewale Ogunleye.

For any doubters, throw in the tape of the first Bills-Dolphins game from last year. Without Ogun, your defensive line goes from top 3 to top 10. Not a huge dropoff but in a division rivalry game that means Bledsoe has JUST that much more time to find Moulds, Reed, Evans or McGahee streaking down the sideline.
Dont worry man its not like we have a ghost at RDE now.

David Bowens will continue to burn Mike Williams time and time again. Bowens was the starter before his freak injury. I wouldnt be geting excited ..

I could see if you would say, yea Booker is great but hows the rock gonna get to him. Mike WIlliams is still gonna get burned, Bowens aint a push over.

We don't need a WR to be a speedster.

1) We don't have a QB who can throw the deep ball
2) Our offenses thus far looks like it will be based on the 3 step drop, lots of quick passes to RB's, FB's, TE's, and short WR routes.

Booker fits our "NEW" offense perfectly.

dude what are you smoking? we will be fine without him.and dont forget you guys will hurt without big ruben brown so dont count on bledsoe having more time

Ogunleye is terrible....because he held out and he is no longer a Dolphin.

Keep believing that if it makes you feel better!

:roflmao:

What would we do without our bills fans and they're computer chair analysis on what's going to take place on both sides of the ball this year

baalworship said:
Ogunleye is terrible....because he held out and he is no longer a Dolphin.

Keep believing that if it makes you feel better!

:roflmao:
who said he was terrible smartguy?

Mixon/Bromell/Ogun What do they have in common?

They all benefited from JT on the opposite side taking away Double Teams and more importantly the great coverage by the secondary to force QBs to hold on to the ball longer..

Like i said Bledsoe STILL wont have time and hes still a bum.

I don't think he was saying anything bad. We will miss Wale, though I think he can be replaced. Booker is a great addition, though.

MikeO,

I think Feeley can throw the deep ball, I just don't think he'll get the time to do it. He's thrown a few very nice passes this preseason that make me believe he's got a cannon. Last night, he threw a perfect deep out route to Chambers on the sideline. It was a thing of beauty that we haven't seen since Marino (I'm not comparing him, so don't start that) and in the game against the Jags, he bolted a pass past a defender and onto the shoulder of a Dolphin's reciever. He put enough zip on it to force it in - it was extremely impressive. He's got a real pocket presence...

Jonas Jennings will neutralize Jason Taylor. This is about a DIVISION rivalry. Sorry you all seem a bit slow today.

You play the Bills twice this year. That is important. I was hoping that this thread would start a discussion about the ramifications within the division, and specifically the Bills vs Dolphins.

It's unfortunate that all this thread has are tired all bromides about JT makes Ogun, etc...

Stop being so defensive people! You don't have to bite and snap just because a Bills or Jets or Pats fan wants to talk football.

:lol:

:laughat:
true50 said:
dude what are you smoking? we will be fine without him.and dont forget you guys will hurt without big ruben brown so dont count on bledsoe having more time

I do agree that Booker may get more receptions then Chambers, IF Chambers is double teamed every down. But a team can only afford 1 tier one DE and that's Taylor on our team. If Ogun thinks he's at that level he's gonna have to seek that money elsewhere PERIOD. Now as far as Bill's QB's or any having more time now time will tell but I don't think so. Team dictates this game and the Phins have a solid D-line through and through that created opportunities for Ogun. We'll see that this year when his production slips and Bowens (David) has more sacks then him. And Loosman HA HA bring him on the Dolphins eat rookie QB for breakfast - he'll get killed!!

Ok Ok, Ogun was a beast and will be missed, but he will be replaced just fine. Bledsoe isn't terrible he's lost a step but not terrible. And if I'm not mistaken we needed a possession WR of Bookers caliber. I think the trade was a good one.

If I'm ever interested in a Bills' fan's perspective on anything, I will bang my head against a brick wall until the interest goes away.

Rick 1966 said:
If I'm ever interested in a Bills' fan's perspective on anything, I will bang my head against a brick wall until the interest goes away.
That's how I feel every time I hear George W. Bush speak :lol:

I don't think the Bills fans have said anything we don't already know in this thread. Our D-line, in theory, will cause less trouble for teams like Buffalo...

4_1_72-2.gif

baalworship said:
But short-term, I love this trade as a Bills fan. The Dolphin that killed us and burned Mike Williams time and again was Adewale Ogunleye.

:shakeno:

Ogunn and Taylor would switch sides multiple times throughout a game so YOUR "The Dolphin that killed us and burned Mike Williams time and again was Adewale Ogunleye." is complete wishfull goat fan thinking !!!

"that means Bledsoe has JUST that much more time to find Moulds, Reed, Evans or McGahee streaking down the sideline." :lol: Yeah right, with W Poole and R Howard alternating with covering of the seam routes along with T Bua that is a lb playing saftey,, most receivers will assume "alligator" arms when going across the middle ...

S Madison and P Surtain have proven themselves as one of the BEST cb tandems on the outside so YOUR :laughat: defensive assessment is hilarious..

Back
Top Bottom