Bills fans take on the number two | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills fans take on the number two

Losman7

Greater of 2 Evils.
Reaction score
Obviously if you keep the number two pick you are going to get one of the best player available in this draft.

OF all the names I've seen tossed around there are 2 that scare me as a division foe.
The Best:

Mike Williams: He will be a great player in the NFL, forget the year off, forget the talk of moving to TE.

Braylon Edwards: He is gonna be a beast in the NFL. Instant playmaker, can take the ball away from defenders.

The Rest:

Ronnie Brown: Could be good, but lots of teams have good backs. Carolina has 2, we have 2. Plus his durability could be called into question since he split time. Can he carry the NFL load.

Caddy: Kinda the same as Ronnie, but different. Small size makes durability even more of a question, plus the whole splitting carries thing.

Cedric Benson: I don't think durability will be an issue, honestly he could be the best back out of this draft (s steal if you trade down and get him at 5 or 7) Would have made it up there with Braylon and Mike, but his similarities to Ricky, and two Pot convictions in college would make me nervous if I were a FinFan

The Qb's:

Personally I would stay away from both of these guys (you can save the Losman comments, we aren't talking about him)

For some reason it seems that after Lienart decided to stay at school the media, the writers, and everyone else built up hype for these guys. What would the draft be without Big name QB's Now I don't doubt that one or both of them could be good NFLer's, but after investing a 2 in Feeley, you almost have to give him another year withoput the pressure of a young guy coming in for big money.

comments?

Good assesment Im guessing we take edwards or smith to force minny/tampas hand and trade down then pick best runner avail at 5 or 7.

Williams: Tremendous size, matchup nightmare in red zone, playmaker, great hands, victim of bad advice, slow.

Edwards: Playmaker, drops way too many easy passes.

Brown: Best tools, little wear on the tread, durability never tested

Williams: Running style compared to Priest Holmes, size a concern

Benson: 350-carry potential, good tools, indifferent blocker, didn't excel in big games, character questions

Smith: Excellent physical attributes, questions about how he can adapt to playing under center

Rodgers: Excellent college performance, shorter than ideal, Cal QBs have sucked in the NFL

I still worry about the WR's from an opposing fan standpoint. You can find RB's. You can't find big playmaking WR's everywhere.

Losman7 said:
Obviously if you keep the number two pick you are going to get one of the best player available in this draft.

OF all the names I've seen tossed around there are 2 that scare me as a division foe.
The Best:

Mike Williams: He will be a great player in the NFL, forget the year off, forget the talk of moving to TE.

Braylon Edwards: He is gonna be a beast in the NFL. Instant playmaker, can take the ball away from defenders.
I agree, and Im hoping we take one of the WRs

Taking a RB at #2 is overpaying for the position. Nick Saban is no idiot. If we stay at #2 it will be a QB or WR. Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers, Braylon Edwards, Mike Williams would be fine with me. A RB would be idiotic and I very much doubt we draft one at #2.

Losman7 said:

The Best:

The Rest:

Ronnie Brown: Could be good, but lots of teams have good backs. Carolina has 2, we have 2. Plus his durability could be called into question since he split time. Can he carry the NFL load.

Caddy: Kinda the same as Ronnie, but different. Small size makes durability even more of a question, plus the whole splitting carries thing.

Cedric Benson: I don't think durability will be an issue, honestly he could be the best back out of this draft (s steal if you trade down and get him at 5 or 7) Would have made it up there with Braylon and Mike, but his similarities to Ricky, and two Pot convictions in college would make me nervous if I were a FinFan

The Qb's:

Personally I would stay away from both of these guys (you can save the Losman comments, we aren't talking about him)

For some reason it seems that after Lienart decided to stay at school the media, the writers, and everyone else built up hype for these guys. What would the draft be without Big name QB's Now I don't doubt that one or both of them could be good NFLer's, but after investing a 2 in Feeley, you almost have to give him another year withoput the pressure of a young guy coming in for big money.

comments?

Both accurate and fair....but you left out a few players that Saban will love to have....Spears, Merriman and Clayton in the first round...in the second to third rounds....Shelton, Arrington, Baas and Eric Green. Any combination of these players would make the Dolphins a more serious contender.

I'm sure that Buffalo fans would absolutely LOVE for us to start feeley at QB. They would just LOOOOOOVE it. Guaranteed 2 wins a year for them.

That OP is reason enough why we NEED to get Smith.

Hostile7 said:
Taking a RB at #2 is overpaying for the position. Nick Saban is no idiot. If we stay at #2 it will be a QB or WR. Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers, Braylon Edwards, Mike Williams would be fine with me. A RB would be idiotic and I very much doubt we draft one at #2.

I would think the only one that has true top three value is Edwards.

dolphingator said:
I'm sure that Buffalo fans would absolutely LOVE for us to start feeley at QB. They would just LOOOOOOVE it. Guaranteed 2 wins a year for them.

That OP is reason enough why we NEED to get Smith.

Not going to happen....he'll be a 49er.

fishypete said:
Both accurate and fair....but you left out a few players that Saban will love to have....Spears, Merriman and Clayton in the first round...in the second to third rounds....Shelton, Arrington, Baas and Eric Green. Any combination of these players would make the Dolphins a more serious contender.

I was more concerned with analyzing the #2 only. Until you guys trade down I'm assuming thats where you'll pick.

I concidered adding Derrick Johnson, but I don't think LB is a need for you, at least not early. Seau, Thomas have a few years left, you'll probably take at least 1 LB in the middle rounds and one late IMO.

Hostile7 said:

If you stay at two and don't take Braylon I think its a mistake.

With picks that early you want a guarantee, he's the closest thing in this draft. Beside Nugent. (go bucks)

Back
Top Bottom