Bills Missing TD | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Missing TD

BahamaFinFan78

Active Roster
Reaction score
I feel like the Bills got hosed by taking the TD away that Houston gave to them. No fair catch signal. No knee. The rules required to give them a TD. It's not about the spirit of the action. Do you agree or disagree with the call?

Like the commentators said, it was common sense and understood that it was a touch back. He gave himself up. Everyone on here would have a up roar if we did this and the opposing team got a touchdown.

Last edited:
If right before he flipped it, if he had run it out instead and got a TD, would they have called it back?

Antonio cromartie had a similar years ago where he acted like he was going to knee but then ran it out for a touchdown. When the Texans player flipped the ball to the referree it was understood he was giving himself up.

Like the commentators said, it was common sense and understood that it was a touch back. He gave himself up. Everyone on here would have a up roar if we did this and the opposing team got a touchdown.

Common sense is not in the NFL rule book. Should have been a TD

I’m pretty sure that if you don’t catch that and kneel on it before you pitch it to the referee it’s a live ball.

I’m not aware of ever seeing that prior be ruled dead

but the two hand push in the back of Jordan phillips when he smoked the right guard off the ball and was a blatant no call was probably worse. That drive gave the Texans the lead late in regulation and to miss that call is a joke

Honestly, when it was 16-0 I remember saying "the Texans have the Bills where Clemson had Ohio State last Saturday. If the Texans come back and win, I don't want to hear any Buffalo fans cry about the outcome. That's what you'll get for kicking all those field goals when you had it all your way." And then the rest of the game happened.

So sorry Buffalo......looks like your last playoff win was the one that sent Shula packing. At least you get to still enjoy that one. Allen's a hot mess and everyone knows it. THAT'S why they lost, not because of some non-TD.

I feel like the Bills got hosed by taking the TD away that Houston gave to them. No fair catch signal. No knee. The rules required to give them a TD. It's not about the spirit of the action. Do you agree or disagree with the call?

Agree with the call. It's the interpretation of 'giving himself up.' He did.

That was some crap.
If he wanted a fair catch he should of caught the ball and taken the knee.
That's the rule...period! It's not an interpetation of the rule.
If he throws the ball at the ref or in any direction first then it's a fumble..period!

Where does it say in the rule book that gesture is giving yourself up?
Did he take a knee?
Did he slide?
Did he wave his hand over his head?

Where does it say in the rule book that gesture is giving yourself up?
Did he take a knee?
Did he slide?
Did he wave his hand over his head?

Would you have this same stance if this happened to us and the TD stood? C'mon man.

Would you have this same stance if this happened to us and the TD stood? C'mon man.

Yes! The rule is the rule.
I would call the player an idiot and scream they should have taken a knee or wave their hands.
When the game starts evolving to Refs "interpeting" intent outside of the rules then the game is ruined.

Also, some of us have no problem criticizing those we like.

I thought the play clock expired on the Texans towards the end of the game they snapped the ball with zero on the clock on like a third and 18 or something and picked up the first down. A lot was going on where I was so I’m not certain and I don’t see anybody talking about it did anybody else notice that

Back
Top Bottom