Bills Officially Hire - Rex Ryan HC - 5 Year Deal - $5.5/Year | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Officially Hire - Rex Ryan HC - 5 Year Deal - $5.5/Year

Still can't fix an offense.

So offenses matter for other teams. Glad to see you are coming around. I noticed your reference to my 5.2 TD's per game over the weekend. I'm glad you finally have that imprinted on your brain. Glad I could help.

BTW 41 TD's scored in 8 playoff games (5.1 per game), 7 of 8 playoff games won by team scoring 3 or more TD's, teams with only 1 TD are 0-3

Oh no, that great, fearsome Bills defense that excels at crushing teams with an incredible front four and dropping guys into coverage to cover for their marginal secondary is going to be coached by a guy who loves suicide blitzes and thinks Tony Sparano is a great offensive coordinator! The horror!

the Jets have never had great pass rushers, now he won't have to blitz and Revis could be heading to Buffalo. you should be very afraid.

Cutler is the trade but the contract would have to be re-done. Not sure that will happen. I see Brian Hoyer mentioned but I would take a look at Sean Hill. Not much else in the FA class.

Or mold the offense to Manuels ability.

they can have hill also...its not good enough...that's just it most the options are either buyer beware or dont move the needle...

So offenses matter for other teams. Glad to see you are coming around. I noticed your reference to my 5.2 TD's per game over the weekend. I'm glad you finally have that imprinted on your brain. Glad I could help.

BTW 41 TD's scored in 8 playoff games (5.1 per game), 7 of 8 playoff games won by team scoring 3 or more TD's, teams with only 1 TD are 0-3

let me imprint some numbers in your brain...that seattle d gave up 39 points in the last 6 games of the season...no points in the 4th quarter period during that 6 game stretch...take away a single td and we averaged that per game at 32 ppg...and you keep talking up the starting field position on o as a feather in the d's cap...did you forget that we had one of the top returners in the game in jarvis landry maybe moving that number as well...

i'm sure you did

Hill could be good enough to help them into the playoffs.

I see them getting worse before they get better. Rex Ryans defense only works if he has great man cover CBs. Plus the Bills will be converting to a new defense, and of course the offense still blows. I dont see the immediate impact he had when he took over the Jets.

i'm not so sure the bills will convert to a 34 from jump...play it more hybrid while they add pieces...although they have better personnel fits minus the lack of a nose for it as things stand...

I see them getting worse before they get better. Rex Ryans defense only works if he has great man cover CBs. Plus the Bills will be converting to a new defense, and of course the offense still blows. I dont see the immediate impact he had when he took over the Jets.

Revis is a FA. Imagine Revis w/ those pass rushers? getting Alonso back? I see a similar impact as when he took over here.

let me imprint some numbers in your brain...that seattle d gave up 39 points in the last 6 games of the season...no points in the 4th quarter period during that 6 game stretch...take away a single td and we averaged that per game at 32 ppg...and you keep talking up the starting field position on o as a feather in the d's cap...did you forget that we had one of the top returners in the game in jarvis landry maybe moving that number as well...

i'm sure you did

If the D was getting pushed around that would mean teams were at least punting from closer to midfield so how would Landry be moving that # much?(not to mention 8.2 avg) and his KR avg was good at 28 but 28.2 isn't what 28.2 was when the kicks were further back. 28.3 means you were probably starting somewhere btw 20-25 on those retunrns and your avg on scoring drives was around 40.

Blows my mind that the Dolphins sit on their hands and watch the division get better.

Keeping Phailbin will come back to haunt us.

I expect the Bills to compete for the division title.

Ryan coaches with balls.

average starting field position reflects more than just scoring drives...it takes into account everything...and landry was a top level returner this year...period

truth is our d blew nuts once teams figured out our personnel deficiencies and they couldnt stop anyone when it mattered...not to mention every time the o did score the d gave it right back...you could set your watch to points from the opposition after our o scored

the tides are turning...the o is gonna be carrying this d soon...hell it pretty much is already if we werent getting tragic right tackle play late...especially if they dont fix the mike lb with a difference maker

i'm sure you did

Seattle actually scores TD's in the 4th quarter. When you score them in the 4th the other team usually doesn't. 4th quarter points scored in a game is usually around 12 to 13. If you score a TD in the 4th chance are you will outscore the other team.

Rex Ryan INHERITED a 9-7 team and had two good years... And then, despite GUARANTEEING the Super Bowl championship (twice), he turned the Jets into a plummeting dumpster fire. His BS wore off and it culminated in this year's 4-12 season. It blows my mind how many on this board have Rex worship.

Rex Ryan's career record is 46-50. He's 3-3 against the Joe Philbin and is like 4-10 against the Patriots. Joe Philbin's career record is 23-25. He's only 3-3 against the Mediocre Bill Belichick, and he's 3-3 against the Brilliant, Amazing, Genius, Incredible, Fantastic Rex Ryan.

You can't have it BOTH ways, if Rex Ryan is so f--king good, he should have a much better winning percentage than Philbin by now. If he's so f--king good, he should have a better record against Belichick than Philbin. BUT HE DOESN'T.

He's a great defensive coordinator... A real motivator of men and sucker of toes. But he has done nothing, NOTHING to show he is a great HC.

Bad move for the Bills. Unless he gets a genius as his O coordinator. Which I doubt.

Back
Top Bottom