bills pats mnf: thoughts on strategy? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

bills pats mnf: thoughts on strategy?

isaacjunk

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Fun game to watch last night...any one have major quibbles with the strategic approaches on either side? For me:
Pats -- why not use malcolm perry as wildcat/designed run qb if you're going to ignore mac jones all night? For 1q sure it's a decoy but by q4 the jig is more than up...at least get some advantage from it by using a dual-threat player. Or, actually allow mac jones to throw the short passes that he's so good at...
Bills -- i think they overcompensated for weather, sure some of Allen's passes drifted but overall they would've been better served attacking through the air as well. Also should've used Josh Allen as a runner way more on sweeps and read options.

I think Bill Belichick being called a genius for running every down with a rag armed QB is ridiculous.

What I would have liked to see was the genius strategy if the Bills stuffed the run up his cheating a$$.

It’s funny to read the Bills forum at this time. Many of their fans want to fire the HC and OC. This is the same HC and OC who have out coached Flores and our DC for the past three years. It just shows that losing to the Patriots doesn’t just drive Dolphin fans crazy.

It’s funny to read the Bills forum at this time. Many of their fans want to fire the HC and OC. This is the same HC and OC who have out coached Flores and our DC for the past three years. It just shows that losing to the Patriots doesn’t just drive Dolphin fans crazy.
what about their DC?

how do you not stop damien harris from gashing you when belichick (wisely) wasn't going to let Mac throw?

what about their DC?

how do you not stop damien harris from gashing you when belichick (wisely) wasn't going to let Mac throw?
Based on the comments 0f many of their fans, they want to fire them all but they seem more upset with McDermott and Daboll after the Patriots game. Because they figured the defense only gave up 14 points and the offense should have been able to score more than 14 points at home.

Obviously they weren’t happy with how many yards the defense gave up rushing to the Patriots but the defense still only allowed 14 points and their offense really didn’t do much in the game at all.

Based on the comments 0f many of their fans, they want to fire them all but they seem more upset with McDermott and Daboll after the Patriots game. Because they figured the defense only gave up 14 points and the offense should have been able to score more than 14 points at home.

Obviously they weren’t happy with how many yards the defense gave up rushing to the Patriots but the defense still only allowed 14 points and their offense really didn’t do much in the game at all.
you cannot let a team beat you just running the football.

never ever ever ever ever.

if it ends in a zero zero tie, so be it, lol.

you cannot let a team beat you just running the football.

never ever ever ever ever.

if it ends in a zero zero tie, so be it, lol.
I agree but I was just posting where most of the anger on the Bills forum seems to be. I have no doubt several of their fans are upset with the Patriots basically running over the defense but they seem more upset with the HC and the OC than they are with the DC.

Have you noticed that the Bills fans who were constantly on the Dolphin forum earlier in the season have disappeared since the Bills have gone into a tailspin?

I guess it’s not as easy to brag about how great your team and QB are when they really aren’t that great after all.

Back
Top Bottom