Bills release GM/scouting department | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills release GM/scouting department

Likely planned the move prior to the draft, but didn't want to bring in a new GM and scouting department in the middle of the draft process. The Bills first 3 picks White, Jones and Dawkins are pretty solid picks.

The timing is crazy. But at least with the HC in charge they have a clear direction and by completly clearing out every scout and exec (hope Ross sees this) they get a complete fresh start with two first round picks next year and the new GM will have a full season to evaluate his roster rather than a few weeks/months

Still :lol: tho...

Sean McDermott has an eye not only for talent, but how that talent translates in the NFL and fits into his scheme. He was the one behind Carolina burning a third round pick on Josh Norman. Apparently he was the one answering pre and post draft questions from reporters. What this says to me is hes earned enough clout with the owners to expand his influence into the front office.

Despite my high opinion of him, i can't agree with such a move. Granted, Whaley was rat piss. It takes a special kind of stupid too not only draft EJ Manuel but brag about it. But McDermott crashed and burned in Philly by trying to do more than he was ready for. From a Dolphins perspective its for the best if they name him GM. They are a quarterback away from being dangerous. With 2 first round picks next year, a supposedly superior quarterback class, they make me nervous. Especially considering its plausible for the Chiefs to miss the playoffs.

It'll be interesting to see what they do in the coming weeks, this would be the perfect time to lure a top quality front office executive.

If I was a rookie drafted by those people I would feel like ****. The way I see it is the ownership was so pissed they drafted me they fired those guys. You are essentially unwanted before even getting a chance to prove anything.

If I was a rookie drafted by those people I would feel like ****. The way I see it is the ownership was so pissed they drafted me they fired those guys. You are essentially unwanted before even getting a chance to prove anything.

who knows, but i guess it is as has been said in this thread. the draft is basically the end of the scouting year, so they might as well clean out now and give the new FO a full year for evaluation.

Back
Top Bottom