bills rush defense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

bills rush defense

dolphan78

Scout Team
Reaction score
I respect the Bills team alot!!! Remember though they are comming to "Our house" on Sunday night. Yes the Bills are balanced and hot but, I see a weakness on their defense that Ricky and the Dolphins will exploit. The Bills are letting up100 yds. rushing per game, even though teams were playing catch up. Rickey will run for over 150 and the dolphins will keep the ball out of Bledsoes hands. Last year victory was ours if it werent for Ray Lucas inept play. Go Dolphins!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly the other teams were so far down we were playing the pass.

Tell me the truth Bills fan, Ricky makes you sweat, doesnt he?

I would give up even more rushing yards if it produced more scores like:
31-0
38-17

How many rushing yards did the Bills give up against the Phins last year ?

Originally posted by dolphan78
Tell me the truth Bills fan, Ricky makes you sweat, doesnt he?

I don't care about what perverted feelings you have about Ricky Williamd but leave me the hell out of it.....:eek: :lol:

Ricky is the only thing you have on O. Shut him down and you win the game.

That's what the Texans did and they did it with a terrible O!

Sooner or later...

Originally posted by bacala
I would give up even more rushing yards if it produced more scores like:
31-0
38-17

Sooner or later, every team suffers a loss.

What will you say when YOU are on the wrong end of 35-10 or whatever?

The original point was a good one. Teams that are behind in games TEND TO THROW a lot and GIVE UP ON THE RUN. Hence, the question: How is it that the Bills are giving up so many yards rushing, especially when teams are throwing more to catch up?

It does point to a POSSIBLE weakness. NOTE that I said possible BECAUUUUUSE... we've all only just played TWO freak'n games, people.

Does anyone really think Buffalo is ONLY going to average about 70 yards rushing per game (like they are now) with Travis Henry in the back field for the entire 2003 season? Ok, so does anyone really think Miami is going to continue to allow so many yards passing in EVERY game?

Man, I think I need to set up a location on this site for a quick 101 in logic. :lol:

I respect the Bills team alot!!! Remember though they are comming to "Our house" on Sunday night. Yes the Bills are balanced and hot but, I see a weakness on their defense that Ricky and the Dolphins will exploit. The Bills are letting up100 yds. rushing per game, even though teams were playing catch up. Rickey will run for over 150 and the dolphins will keep the ball out of Bledsoes hands. Last year victory was ours if it werent for Ray Lucas inept play. Go Dolphins!!!

If Ricky gets over 150 yards vs. the Bills, you should win this game. Truth is, the gameplan going into our first two games was to shut down the passing game, not the running game. We had to eliminate Brady's dink-n-dunk passes to TEs, which killed us last year, and we needed to keep Brunell from having another 24/27 day like he did vs. Carolina.

Alternately, I'm certain the goal is to shut down Ricky and make Fiedler throw. If Ricky is successful, then Jay can go to play action and our secondary will be on its heels all day.

Another thing that has helped us the past two weeks: we scored on our first two possessions in both games to go up 14-0. That will be crucial to take your fans out of the game and mess with your gameplan. I don't see us scoring on our opening drive in your stadium in a Prime Time game, so keying on Ricky will be the key.

It will be a slugfest...no question.

We will see a lot of running from both teams. They will want to control the clock in this one more than any other game.

this is what i stated monday. the bills havent met anyone who plays ball control like we do. Look at teams like Tampa, carolina,ect. they play ball control to control the game. This is what the Bills said they wanted to do but now they are the same ol Bills just riding the Eric Moulds train. It will catch up to them, just wait and see. There defense is better, but the margin of greatness is not far off from average considering other factors of a control type football game. Now, that does provide an opportunity for Buffalo to prove they can run the ball, but i would say that they wont becuase they see an exploitation of moulds on sam or whoever covers him. they will continue to go long as much as possible. That is taking chances if you ask me in Miami. I wonder just how much the Bills really want to run the ball in this game. You cant belive all the talk. But i do not worry about being tricked becuase like i said before, we let teams come down the field in long pass spurts, but we tighten up in the red zone. That is our M.O. We always, no matter what, take care of the run first.

No doubt about it.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
We will see a lot of running from both teams. They will want to control the clock in this one more than any other game.

I think the Bills come out running in this game. No doubt about it.

And I think they'll probably try using the run to set up the pass. And that's scary because it works really well against us.

Moreover, I'm concerned about Henry catching it and then running with it out of the backfield. If the Bills are doing their homework they'll try to exploit the lack of speed in our defensive backfield. Also, that zone and stopping sh**.

Back
Top Bottom