bills rush defense | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

bills rush defense

Re: Re: bills rush defense

Originally posted by LABillzFan

If Ricky gets over 150 yards vs. the Bills, you should win this game. Truth is, the gameplan going into our first two games was to shut down the passing game, not the running game. We had to eliminate Brady's dink-n-dunk passes to TEs, which killed us last year, and we needed to keep Brunell from having another 24/27 day like he did vs. Carolina.

Alternately, I'm certain the goal is to shut down Ricky and make Fiedler throw. If Ricky is successful, then Jay can go to play action and our secondary will be on its heels all day.

Another thing that has helped us the past two weeks: we scored on our first two possessions in both games to go up 14-0. That will be crucial to take your fans out of the game and mess with your gameplan. I don't see us scoring on our opening drive in your stadium in a Prime Time game, so keying on Ricky will be the key.

It will be a slugfest...no question.

I will say LA, that this year is different than last year in that we have so much more to run off from ricky's running. We also can throw on first down better than last year. Its easier to mix it up when everything is clicking off of ricky. It didnt show very well against Houston becuase of penalties, but its there and it showed up more agianst the jets. as long as we keep ascending, we could have a very dallas cowboy like offense soon.

Re: Sooner or later...

Originally posted by -81- McMichael

Sooner or later, every team suffers a loss.

What will you say when YOU are on the wrong end of 35-10 or whatever?

The original point was a good one. Teams that are behind in games TEND TO THROW a lot and GIVE UP ON THE RUN. Hence, the question: How is it that the Bills are giving up so many yards rushing, especially when teams are throwing more to catch up?

It does point to a POSSIBLE weakness. NOTE that I said possible BECAUUUUUSE... we've all only just played TWO freak'n games, people.

Does anyone really think Buffalo is ONLY going to average about 70 yards rushing per game (like they are now) with Travis Henry in the back field for the entire 2003 season? Ok, so does anyone really think Miami is going to continue to allow so many yards passing in EVERY game?

Man, I think I need to set up a location on this site for a quick 101 in logic. :lol:

Great post!

So what do you have to say to the thread starter who assumes our run d is weak based on just 2 games?

Re: Re: bills rush defense

Originally posted by finfan54

this is what i stated monday. the bills havent met anyone who plays ball control like we do. Look at teams like Tampa, carolina,ect. they play ball control to control the game. This is what the Bills said they wanted to do but now they are the same ol Bills just riding the Eric Moulds train. It will catch up to them, just wait and see. There defense is better, but the margin of greatness is not far off from average considering other factors of a control type football game. Now, that does provide an opportunity for Buffalo to prove they can run the ball, but i would say that they wont becuase they see an exploitation of moulds on sam or whoever covers him. they will continue to go long as much as possible. That is taking chances if you ask me in Miami. I wonder just how much the Bills really want to run the ball in this game. You cant belive all the talk. But i do not worry about being tricked becuase like i said before, we let teams come down the field in long pass spurts, but we tighten up in the red zone. That is our M.O. We always, no matter what, take care of the run first.

You know it would make for better conversation if you would at least follow the team you are talking about....as a opponent fan you would think you would do so....

The team is NOT riding on Eric Moulds....and that is why you lose on Sunday....take a look at the distribution of the ball.....RB, WR, TE, FB.....the ball is getting distributed everywhere......

And PS...the pats DO play ball control offense....they just do it with the short passing game because their RB's suck.....

They need to examine that opennig drive at home last year. It was picture perfect. I hope they do that again.

Originally posted by Expo88
Ricky is to the Jills as Jamal Lewis is to the Brownies; Ricky will run wild on Sunday.

Most animals that run wild don't usually end up where they intend to go. :lol: They just run and run and end up another roadkill. :lol:

In this case, this wild dolphin may very well end up getiing caught in someone's fish net.

Originally posted by Billsfan
Ricky is the only thing you have on O. Shut him down and you win the game.

That's what the Texans did and they did it with a terrible O!

God I hope your teams coaches feel the same way!

Oliver...

Originally posted by justafan

Most animals that run wild don't usually end up where they intend to go. :lol: They just run and run and end up another roadkill. :lol:

In this case, this wild dolphin may very well end up getiing caught in someone's fish net.

Ahhhh yeah!

:huh:

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom