Bills S.I. jinxed? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills S.I. jinxed?

Golphindolphin

town drunk
Club Member
Reaction score
I'm not real superstitious, but we can hope can't we?

"Should the Bills be worried about an ambush in Jacksonville? Yes, if you believe in the Sports Illustrated jinx.

The Bills made the cover of the magazine this week for their win over the Patriots. A picture of Sam Adams running for a touchdown appears on the cover. Rams quarterback Kurt Warner was bitten by the "jinx" last week. Warner made the cover of the season preview issue, then suffered a concussion against the New York Giants on Sunday.

Incidentally, Bledsoe never has made the SI cover. Jim Kelly only made the cover once, when his Houston Gamblers merged with the New Jersey Generals in 1986, just before the USFL went out of business."

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20030911/1049471.asp

Originally posted by JackMeehov
I'm not real superstitious, but we can hope can't we?

"Should the Bills be worried about an ambush in Jacksonville? Yes, if you believe in the Sports Illustrated jinx.

The Bills made the cover of the magazine this week for their win over the Patriots. A picture of Sam Adams running for a touchdown appears on the cover. Rams quarterback Kurt Warner was bitten by the "jinx" last week. Warner made the cover of the season preview issue, then suffered a concussion against the New York Giants on Sunday.

Incidentally, Bledsoe never has made the SI cover. Jim Kelly only made the cover once, when his Houston Gamblers merged with the New Jersey Generals in 1986, just before the USFL went out of business."

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20030911/1049471.asp

I hate it...god help us if we lose to the jags

For obvious reasons I feel that Alltell is not a good place to be the visiting team. :rolleyes:

I've been up there three times now, all three 'Phins losses. Maybe I'VE got some kind of jinx on the 'Phins in that stadium. Maybe I'll run up there Sunday and see if I can get it to work on the Bills.

Originally posted by JackMeehov
For obvious reasons I feel that Alltell is not a good place to be the visiting team. :rolleyes:

I've been up there three times now, all three 'Phins losses. Maybe I'VE got some kind of jinx on the 'Phins in that stadium. Maybe I'll run up there Sunday and see if I can get it to work on the Bills.
The Jags are actually an excellent home team in September, much like you guys(well, not anymore:lol: ) because of the heat advantage.

I remember last year when Ricky was on the cover, and although he didn't slow down, the Fins missed the playoffs.

Hopefully the SI jinx will effect the Bills.

Back
Top Bottom