Bills' Sam Adams a Fat Slob? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills' Sam Adams a Fat Slob?

PhinKev

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
From Profootballtalk.com:

Based on reports that Bills defensive tackle Sam Adams seemed to be heavier than normal at the team's recent minicamp, a league personnel exec tells us that Adams' expanding size was predictable.

"He got paid, but not what he wanted," said the source. "So he'll just be a fat slob all through the season."

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

It's like saying Seau is all washed up. No one really knows til' the season starts.

This is completely unsurprising. By the 4th Quarter RW will be running right over this guy

Originally posted by justafan
It's like saying Seau is all washed up. No one really knows til' the season starts.

Yah but no one is saying it. All they are saying with Seau is that he's old and lost a step. Which is a concern to us but he's no where near as important to our defense as Sam Adams will be. If he doesn't do his job your LB's won't be as effective. Your entire offseason defense was signed for one reason and that was to stop Ricky. It all starts with the DT's. If they both don't show there will be trouble. I remember how terrified I was with Larry Chester coming in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Yah but no one is saying it. All they are saying with Seau is that he's old and lost a step. Which is a concern to us but he's no where near as important to our defense as Sam Adams will be. If he doesn't do his job your LB's won't be as effective. Your entire offseason defense was signed for one reason and that was to stop Ricky. It all starts with the DT's. If they both don't show there will be trouble. I remember how terrified I was with Larry Chester coming in.

I wont say their entire defense is being designed to just stop Ricky. While that is one of their concerns, I'd more say they're trying to stop the run from any other team. If you remember, they did have a slight issue in stopping opposing teams from running over their D line.

You missed my point, it's all talk until the season starts.

It was reported that he may very well be 350 lbs. What wasn't reported in that article which was reported in another, he moved liked he was 330 in camp.

Seau is put beside Zach and Adams is put beside Pat Williams. Adams signed an incentive laden contract. He has no choice but to perform. That article was nothing but crap. I don't care, we'll have to wait and see really if RW will be as successful against the bills like he was last year. I doubt it.

Hey.. this thread has nothing to do with the Phins.. lets move it!!

Originally posted by IceStorm

I wont say their entire defense is being designed to just stop Ricky. While that is one of their concerns, I'd more say they're trying to stop the run from any other team. If you remember, they did have a slight issue in stopping opposing teams from running over their D line.

Yah looking at their schedule it's not totally weak. Ricky twice, Priest, Martin *2, Corey Dillon, Tiki Barber and even Eddie George and Duce Staley.

And Justafan don't tell me your about to compare the WLB in the dolphins system to the DT which annually has 6+ DT's off the boards in round one every year? Don't say your going there :lol:

Originally posted by Jeep
Hey.. this thread has nothing to do with the Phins.. lets move it!!

Please do, the Sam Adams signing is obviously scaring some finfans. :D

And Justafan don't tell me your about to compare the WLB in the dolphins system to the DT which annually has 6+ DT's off the boards in round one every year? Don't say your going there :lol:

You're the one who's doing it . Not me :D

And I quote:

Seau is put beside Zach and Adams is put beside Pat Williams.

Lets not go there :lol:

Hey I'll even make it fair. If Tim Bowens goes down feel free to come here and predict gloom. Only thing that calms me about Tim going down is we got our best backup DT ever in Zgonina (who strangely enough put up better #'s then Sam last year but chose to take less money to come play backup with us this year like Buckley/Thompson/Knight :D )

Speaking of which. You got an xbox? I'm thinking about doing that XSN thing they are going to do with Fever 2004 since Maddens doing the screw job to Xbox users with no online play. Thinking of getting a league together of Finheaven users including Bills fans :lol:

And I quote:

Lets not go there :lol:

Hey I'll even make it fair. If Tim Bowens goes down feel free to come here and predict gloom. Only thing that calms me about Tim going down is we got our best backup DT ever in Zgonina (who strangely enough put up better #'s then Sam last year but chose to take less money to come play backup with us this year like Buckley/Thompson/Knight :D )

Once again you don't see my point. I'll just let it go. It's all smack anyways.
Sorry, don't have any type of games stuff.

It was reported that he may very well be 350 lbs. What wasn't reported in that article which was reported in another, he moved liked he was 330 in camp.

He moved like he was 330? :D

Exacly how does a man move like he's 330? I'm not sure exactly what the big agility advantage is for 330 pound men, but if that puts you at ease :rolleyes:

By the way . . . How the Bills plan to stop the Dolphins running game (with a fat slob), I think is moderately meaningful to the Dolphins. Are there so many hot topics that this thread should be moved?

Wait, lets replace it with another are Ricky's biceps real thread. Yep, gotta make room for that one. :rolleyes:

Sorry, don't have any type of games stuff.

Oh man you should. Xbox with Fever and the XSN sports with it's personal web based stats, tournaments and cell phone notification we can get some serious organized tournaments going around here :)

Back
Top Bottom