Bills waive Watson, | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills waive Watson,

We signed Keith Newman instead and seem to be pretty happy with him. I think the plan for the 3-4 is to use Crowder inside instead of outside.

DolfanDaveInATX said:
We signed Keith Newman instead and seem to be pretty happy with him. I think the plan for the 3-4 is to use Crowder inside instead of outside.

I think there is some confusion with Crowder's position and I keep seeing this mentioned this way.

Crowder is, for all intents and purposes an OLB in name only. I'd say a good 80%+ of the time plus he's lined up exactly like a 3-4 ILB, a couple of yards deep over the (left usually) guard. He's only a OLB in that Jason Taylor has his hand on the ground, the positioning is pretty much the same.

Newman and Watson occupy different positions. Newman has played backup to strongside OLB(Donnie Spragan, lined standing up on the strongside), or open end(Jason Taylor, usually in a 3-point stance wide to the weakside or standing up).

I think if we signed Watson, and what we were interested in having him play was backup MLB/ILB. If we sign him, I think it would be as a replacement to Mike Labinjo as a kind of attacking style ILB.

feelthepain said:
The LB we tried to get in trade with Saints for Eddie Moore . Wonder If Saban still tries to get him or if it was to just get rid of Moore and replace him at the same time.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4026
I don't know anything about him, but if he wasn't good enough for the Saints or the Bills then why would we want him?:confused2

b_hjelmeland123 said:
I don't know anything about him, but if he wasn't good enough for the Saints or the Bills then why would we want him?:confused2:
You know thats an awful good question.

b_hjelmeland123 said:
I don't know anything about him, but if he wasn't good enough for the Saints or the Bills then why would we want him?:confused2:

One coaches trash is another coaches treasure? :confused: :lol:

b_hjelmeland123 said:
I don't know anything about him, but if he wasn't good enough for the Saints or the Bills then why would we want him?:confused2
Where were you when they brought in Sammy Morris and Bennie Anderson?

Man, if a guy can't make it in NO, then can't make it in Barfalo - leave him go away won't ya? Why in heck would WE want him?

So let me get this straight ... we tried to trade Eddie Moore to the Saints, but he failed his physical. Thus we tried to trade "damaged goods". Now, Watson does get traded, but to Buffalo. And then he gets cut. So, the Saints tried to trade us "no goods".

chuckcole said:
So let me get this straight ... we tried to trade Eddie Moore to the Saints, but he failed his physical. Thus we tried to trade "damaged goods". Now, Watson does get traded, but to Buffalo. And then he gets cut. So, the Saints tried to trade us "no goods".

Apparently

Whitner20 said:
Because The Bills LB's are better than your LB's
Are you serious??? come on get a clue...Takeo Spikes is a juiced up bulldozer at best...and the guy they got from Indy...Brackett I think.....is subpar....:tantrum:

depac33 said:
Are you serious??? come on get a clue...Takeo Spikes is a juiced up bulldozer at best...and the guy they got from Indy...Brackett I think.....is subpar....:tantrum:
It's Larry Tripplet, and he's a DT not a LB.

Back
Top Bottom