Bills Week | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Week

BillsFanInPeace

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Current Forecast is 29 degrees with 10-15MPH winds at Kick off. No Snow forecast at this time (it is earlier in the day).

Some things I am concerned about with the Bills currently.

1. The offense still isnt right, something is different, Dorsey is not attacking all levels the platform concepts from Daboll and Dorsey (earlier in the season are out of this offense right now) they are refusing to attack in levels. I am not sure if it has to do with my next issue the OL.

2. The OL is trash, has been trash all season and because of Josh and his ability to move and make people miss in the pocket have looked decent. The issues remain the OG play is horrible (and lost another in Bates yesterday). Anyone with a penetrating DT is destroying this interior line, queue game from Wilkins (Q., Williams was destroying the Bills offense until he got hurt). Combined the trash OG play with the Trash at RT (Brown is looking like a late round rookie, not a second year player on the climb). And Dawkins is going through what he does when he gets a little nicked up and that is become a penalty machine.

3. Weapons - Still waiting for someone ANYONE take over a game other than Diggs, Looking at you Gabe Davis. It is time to get past your limited route tree that you refuse to work on. You run the same routes that you have run at UCF and now we are back to bad hands Davis on top of that. McKenzie it is always one step forward and two back with you. Knox (I get it you need to stay in all the time to help with the Trash RT, but damn Bills we did not give him that contract to block. RBs can you please catch something out of the Backfield for once Singletary.

4. Dorsey fix the scheme you are tipping plays, when Cook is in the game you are going to throw (even with his blitz pickup being massively suspect), When Gabe Davis is in the Slot you are going to run, if a no name like me can see those tendencies don't you think NFL DCs will see them as well. Your Offense has lost all its creativity since the KC game. That also is putting more pressure on an already overwhelmed OL.

5. Defense not really too much to complain about here, if they tackle well they are a really good defense, I like the Creativity moving Oliver and Groot around to make up for no Vonn Miller, Jets was the first game I have saw Groot inside rushing alot. Keep that up he overwhelms OGs.

Matchups to exploit.

1. Chubb on Brown - this is the matchup you should scheme to on defense and this is because Phillips should predominately go against Dawkins. It plays to the strengths of both players. Dawkins being nicked highlights his issues with speed rushers with good quick twitch moves (this screams Phillips to me) and Brown sucks with speed to power moves or power to speed moves and that is what I have seen from Chubb in his career to this point.

2. Bills RBs on Fins LBers, I dont think you have a Backer that can cover Singletary or Cook out of the backfield, the issue will be can Singletary hold on to the passes.

Those are my early week tidbits for this week. I will be at the game again (like that I moved Back North easier to get back for the games).

Last edited:
Did you watch the Dolphins/Chargers game last night?
Fins are coming off a a two stop west coast road trip, a late night return, a third road game on a short week, Buffalo on its 2nd consecutive home game, and Miami's offense has been figured out.
If you guys don't win by 4 touchdowns I will be shocked.
This isn't me being emotional about last night's game. I'm over it already. I just think Buffalo is going to be fired up for payback and Miami will be spent.
I won't predict a score, but it will be ugly.

Did you watch the Dolphins/Chargers game last night?
Fins are coming off a a two stop west coast road trip, a late night return, a third road game on a short week, Buffalo on its 2nd consecutive home game, and Miami's offense has been figured out.
If you guys don't win by 4 touchdowns I will be shocked.
This isn't me being emotional about last night's game. I'm over it already. I just think Buffalo is going to be fired up for payback and Miami will be spent.
I won't predict a score, but it will be ugly.
I did not watch the game. Looked at the Stats, DVRed it, not sure if I want to put it on though I likely will watch it this week though.

I would not be shocked if we squeak a win here, there is something wrong with this offense. But I can say what I do like is it is like a light switch they can struggle for an entire half but boom next drive 10 plays 75 yards TD like it is easy. I just wish they could keep that up like they were before KC game.

I also like the Defense is playing with an edge and the most physical I have seen from a Bills defense in forever.

We got a chance just because of the ridiculous posts above me. We are 7 point underdawgs haha It is a terrible spot and I definitely see us losing but its the NFL. Its a bounce league not a trend league.

Updated Lake Effect Forecast (will get refined during the week) but here is the NOAA projection for the week on Lake Effect Front (mind you Erie is still sitting at record high temps so that is NEVER good)

From NOAA Buffalo:

"Heading into the weekend, the air mass aloft will become cold enough (model 850mb temperatures range from -10 to -14) to support a lake response. Model guidance packages from 11/00Z, 11/12Z, and 12/00Z continue to support unidirectional vertical wind profile in the lower levels along with the cold temperatures aloft to support lake snows east/northeast of both lakes. Despite the model continuity, this event remains in the farthest reaches of the forecast and therefore the mesoscale features are yet to be well represented this far out. But as of right now, there is high potential for lake effect snow east and northeast of both lakes Erie and Ontario Saturday through Sunday."

Going back to the 90s, Miami has had a horrible time in Buffalo, especially late in the year. I can't remember too many Miami has won up there past Nov 1. In 2000, with Lamar Smith having a good game, and in 2016, with Jay Ajayi. Other than that, I think of none.
We did win big up there in 1992, but that was early in the year.

I would not be surprised if we do win this game. As Bills in Peace stated every team has issues and McDaniel has to adjust now he actually has no choice which may be his best asset right now.

The bills cannot let Josh run like he is it is not sustainable..he is going to get wore down. You are right they need a solid # 2 or 3 like Cole Beasley was.

The bills cannot let Josh run like he is it is not sustainable..he is going to get wore down. You are right they need a solid # 2 or 3 like Cole Beasley was.
Beasley was washed, I do agree they need that solid slot, they miscalculated and thought they could get that answer out of the McKenzie re-sign, Crowder signing, Shakir Draft pick.

Back
Top Bottom