Billy Volek and Drew Bennett | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Billy Volek and Drew Bennett

phinatic1323

Seasoned Vet
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken I thought Volek and Bennett will be free agents this year and If i'm not mistaken again, I remember them being a pretty good combo. When Mcnair went down Billy would come in and throw up over 400 yards a game. He looked at Bennett as a primary target and they were a viable combo. Why not Bring Volek in to compete/tutor Beck for the next 2 years, he'll be relativlely cheap. Also, I think Bennett would be a great compliment to Ginn as the posession as well as a tutor for the young receiving core. Draft another QB in the 5th round or later or even a undrafted. We should probably be looking for a WR in the draft and I think we should Manningham with the late 2nd round pick IF he is still there. What are your thoughts?

Interesting idea they did play very good together. I like Volek but I don't think he is a franchise quarterback.

Lets have a back up mentor our starter, makes sense.

Bennett would be welcomed by yours truly. He would be a nice replacement for the role of Welker in the passing game. BTW that is a nice wish list. Especially Faneca and Suggs.

Billy Volek is a very competent QB and could start on some teams in this league. No, he is not the "franchise QB" but he is very solid. I live in TN and have watched him alot. For the price, there might not be a better QB out there. Bennett, also very solid, dependable, and possission type veteran reciever. I would welcome both to Miami.

Billy Volek will be a FA but Drew Bennett wont be he signed a 6 year 30 mill deal with the Rams he will be a FA in 2013

i don't see the chargers letting go of volek..they really like him as the back-up to rivers. i wanted us to bring him in a couple years ago and still wouldn't mind it. i think with the right talent around him he could be a very servicable qb.

I looked up Billy Volek's stats and they're very impressive considering he spent most of his career as a back up. 3515 yds, 26 tds, 15 ints, and an 85 qb rating. And I guess its technically an open quarterback competition so if the Dolphins signed him he would have a definite oppurtunity to compete for the starting job. I don't think that he could be a "franchise quarterback" but he could make for a nice 1 yr starter like Gus Frerotte.

Billy Volek would be an upgrade from Trent Green.

I rather have Volek then Chad "Noodlearm" Pennington or Trent "scrambled eggs" Green

Living in Nashville, I saw Volek and Bennett quite a bit, and I'd have to say "no, thanks" to either of them. Besides, Bennett isn't a free agent... he's still under contract with the Rams, right?

Back
Top Bottom