Black Monday Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Black Monday Thread

The way Kyle Orton retired is amazing.

Please Mr. Ross, put us out of our misery.

Tom Coughlin is being retained. Which surprises me. I figured he would have been **** canned.
My guess is they want McAdoo but feel he's not ready yet. Coughlin has 1 year left on his contract and short of the playoffs, McAdoo will be the guy at that point.

I think they probably retained Tom Coughlin because he's a pretty good coach and that Giants team has no talent on defense.

If anyone should be fired there, it's probably Jerry Reese, or Marc Ross, or whoever has final say on personnel. Beckham saved some jobs there, no joke.

I think they probably retained Tom Coughlin because he's a pretty good coach and that Giants team has no talent on defense.

If anyone should be fired there, it's probably Jerry Reese, or Marc Ross, or whoever has final say on personnel. Beckham saved some jobs there, no joke.

Agreed.

The Giants still have a few more years left with Eli Manning. They have some intriguing pieces on offense with Beckham, Cruz, Donnell, and Jennings/Williams. And they have a top 10 pick and can get add a few pieces to try and push them over the top. Coughlin is only 3 years removed from a Superbowl win, im not saying he gets a free pass but he has earned a bit of leeway. The Giants know they have a coach capable of winning it all, they see a foundation in place, and they want to make 1 more push before its time to move on from Coughlin and probably Manning.

To play the devils advocate a bit, i will say that while Reese and company have not been good enough theyve also had some horrifying "luck" the past few years. Theyve drafted some stud, or potential stud, players and then lose them to injuries. Hakeem Nicks, JPP, and David Wilson all showed flashes of being premier players. One could argue Prince Amukamara falls into that category, though to a much lesser extent. Something is going on up there. Their players are getting injured way too often and not recovering fast enough. JPP in particular revealed during the season he didnt think he'd be completely healthy until next season. Hes still recovering from the injury he sustained in 2012.
I dont know if its the trainers, i dont know if its the team doctors, i dont know if they are just hideously misevaluating injury prone players during the draft process. But they need to switch things up a bit. If they can keep their guys healthy thats a decent team. At least good enough to win in a vulnerable division.

Two Super Bowl wins will do that for ya as well.

But had the team not taken to McAdoo's offense they all would have been long gone.

Falcons are interested in: Dan Quinn, Josh McDaniels, Teryl Austin, Todd Bowles, and Adam Gase.

Jets want to interview Todd Bowles, Tom Cable, Gary Kubiak, Frank Reich, and Dan Quinn.

Raiders are interviewing Eric Mangini

49ers want Adam Gase and Josh McDaniels.

My only thoughts are that I'm pretty goddamn upset that the Jets have picked the best group of candidates to interview. And that's even if you count that they're interviewing Tom Cable, who was not real good in Oakland. **** me.

The Raiders list of candidates includes Jack Del Rio, Eric Mangini, Tony Sporano, and Pat Shurmur? plus they are keeping McKenzie... possibly the worst gm in the NFL

And i thought we are a mess!

Jedd Fisch fired by the Jags now as well, well deserved.

Bradley has not been good, what is it? 5 wins in 2 years?

I don't know that Fisch is a good coach, but Blake Bortles is completely ****ing awful. Gus Bradley essentially laid down his job to develop (or try to develop) his young QB. He is building a good defense... I don't think the Jags did wrong to keep him.

That team had no chance to do anything with Bortles.

@alexmarvez: Mike Smith's record w/ @Falcons: 67-50. Rex Ryan's record with @NYJets: 50-51. Will Smith draw any interest for HC vacancies? He should.

interesting point

Tom Gamble fired by Philly.

Interesting. Weird. Could be awful if the Jets pick him up.

yea well gms dont tend to like having someone with a bigger rep than them around. If he goes to the jets i might cry

also the marrone news is interesting, especially if he does end up in new york as is being speculated. Saban is hated around here.... imagine the reaction if he left for the Jets rather than Alabama lol

Back
Top Bottom