Blake Griffin's NON-Dunk | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Blake Griffin's NON-Dunk

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
It's funny listening all day to the sport's radio "talking heads" who were having orgasms all day over Blake Griffin's "monter dunk" last night. I just saw it and I am like WTF????? Are you kidding me? This wasn't even a dunk people. :confused: Blake threw the ball down towards the basket and it barely got over the rim...this is about the same kind of dunk many women college basketball player's make where they barely get over the rim and have to throw it down. MJ, Dr. J and David Thompson did it way better back in the day.

It's funny listening all day to the sport's radio "talking heads" who were having orgasms all day over Blake Griffin's "monter dunk" last night. I just saw it and I am like WTF????? Are you kidding me? This wasn't even a dunk people. :confused: Blake threw the ball down towards the basket and it barely got over the rim...this is about the same kind of dunk many women college basketball player's make where they barely get over the rim and have to throw it down. MJ, Dr. J and David Thompson did it way better back in the day.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....k-of-the-year-blake-griffin-destroys-perkins/

:lol: and they call that the dunk of the year...LeBrons dunk the other day over Lucas was way better. It was a nice play and but it was also a foul on Blake.

He's a good player and all but his body language make me want to punch him in the face.

Last edited by a moderator:
What Blake did was amazing. If he can get that high and throw the ball through the rim like that then that's some amazing stuff right there. I would take griffins dunk over lebrons any day because I just like how he did it on a great defensive player and the player was actually trying to block him on like Lucas aka d league lol

I'm getting sick of Blake Griffin, no matter what he does they go nuts over him. I have seen a million better dunks than that almost dunk the other night.

It was a pretty nice facial but LMAO at it being considered the best dunk of all time.

Why is it that whenever an athlete starts receieving accolades and attention that the contrarians all have to step out from the woodwork and make it known that they do not approve? Who cares if he didn't dunk the ball? It was an incredible display of athleticism and an amazing play.......not many people in this world can jump up 40", suspend in the air for a half second while they ponder what to do, then throw a ball in from 4' out.

Why is it that whenever an athlete starts receieving accolades and attention that the contrarians all have to step out from the woodwork and make it known that they do not approve? Who cares if he didn't dunk the ball? It was an incredible display of athleticism and an amazing play.......not many people in this world can jump up 40", suspend in the air for a half second while they ponder what to do, then throw a ball in from 4' out.

I apologize for not being wowed. part of that is his fault b/c I have seen him do the same thing a million times, it was fun at first but the luster is gone.

That was a dunk, and it was redic..Lebrons dunk was very graceful but Blake's was super powerful and visious and he did it over a very good defender..Keep em coming.

I thought Lebron's dunk was much better

I think Lebron's was more of a "okie dope" kind of moment..the guy who got dunked on felt dumb..Lebron T-bagged him...

Blakes was a mans dunk..over another grown man.

I think Lebron's was more of a "okie dope" kind of moment..the guy who got dunked on felt dumb..Lebron T-bagged him...

Blakes was a mans dunk..over another grown man.

Griffin is definitely one of the best power dunkers I have ever seen but I like seeing more athletic dunks, Blake isn't half the dunker Vince Carter was.

Griffin is definitely one of the best power dunkers I have ever seen but I like seeing more athletic dunks, Blake isn't half the dunker Vince Carter was.

Power dunks are only great when they are over defenders...in the 80's and early 90's there were some power guys out there who did the dunk contest and it just didnt do it for me..Carter is one of the greatest for sure..Great showmen. His through the legs dunk was all time, Vince had a great blend of power and athletics. Lebron has that too..Blake is just a throw back.

I thought the dunk was fantastic. I don't give a **** whether it was better than anyone else's or not. To say it was a non-dunk or that he fouled Perkins is ridiculous.

I thought the dunk was fantastic. I don't give a **** whether it was better than anyone else's or not. To say it was a non-dunk or that he fouled Perkins is ridiculous.

It wasn't a dunk...it was more like a throw. :chuckle:

Back
Top Bottom