Blake knocks off Roddick to win RCA | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Blake knocks off Roddick to win RCA

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
ames Blake was happy to win the RCA Championships and seemed to be just as pleased to see Andy Roddick back on track.

Roddick said he played one of his best finals, but Blake won the all-American matchup 4-6, 6-4, 7-6 (5) on Sunday.

Blake replaced Roddick this month as the highest-ranked American man, and lived up to his new status. But he said Roddick is starting to look like the guy who once was No. 1 in the world.

"I feel like I've kind of earned the No. 5 ranking," Blake said. "but I know [Roddick] will be better than that. It's nice to see the old Andy. I look for him to be number one or two in this U.S. Open series."

Blake claimed his sixth career ATP win and third of the year.

"It's the best I've ever played, then better," he said. "That's what I had to do against Andy."

Roddick has 20 ATP career wins, but none this year. The subject of much criticism since a third-round exit at Wimbledon, he said he's starting to regain his confidence.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/tennis/07/23/bc.ten.indianapolis.ap/index.html

Roddick has been by far the most overhyped tennis player the US has ever come across. He was supposed to be the heir to Sampras, and tho Federer is amazing, this guy just has not worked hard enough to get better. He has the tools to beat Federer, but does not have the will to. I actually believe Blake will win a major before Roddick.

Back
Top Bottom