Bledsoe vs Fiedler..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bledsoe vs Fiedler.....

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
What you failed to address was NE's o-line played GREAT last year, and haven't lost anything from their line. That was the main factor in them becoming the team they did. Brady had time to survey the field, and Smith had holes to run through, that is why they were successful. All the other achievements were direct results of actual blocking up front. That was something very new for NE.
that and Belicheks timely schemes on D

the Pats had great line play back when John Hannah and Sam Bam Cunningham were there ;)

Originally posted by Billsfan
I'm Happy.......Thanks Slaine......I love what TD is doing up here. As a Steelers fan, what did and what do you think of TD?

Donahoe is not high in any Pittsburgh popularity poll but you can't deny what he achieved for the Steelers in the mid-90's. That said he had his fair share of monster busts - he just saved himself with some pretty good mid-round drafting.

Jermain Stephens, Kris Farris, Scott Shields, Trot Edwards are all fairly major busts for us. On the upside he did steal some guys late in the draft. He just gambles too much on small school athletes. If you look at the last two Steeler drafts they have all been productive players for major schools. No gambling until the late rounds where gambling belongs.

It was a good move he made to trade up over the Steelers for Denney but Donahoe is all about Donahoe - and that in the long run is why he got kicked out. Rooney was left with a choice. Cowher or Donahoe and IMo he made the right choice.

Slaine about 5 years ago Bledsoe was a really good QB but over the years he's slid big time. If Bledsoe was a top 10 QB then he would have never lost his job to Brady who is pretty overrated. If his salary cap hit wasn't so large then it would be justifiable but you don't pay that much for a QB unless he's definately a top 5 QB. Christ we never payed more then 5 million a year for Marino lol

About 5 years ago the Patriots had an OL and a reasonable team.

He lost his job to Brady through injury. He'd been playing well up and until that point. The team didn't settle as a unit until much later in the season. He also rode the pine with class and dignity whilst being a team guy.

Bledsoe being traded was all about the money. His deal was signed before people really had a handle on the salary cap (IMO) and the Pats got good value for him with a pick in a QB rich draft next year.

In the right system he will be incredibly effective. I don't know enough about the Bills to make a judgement but when New England had an OL he was outstanding. I'd take him in a heartbeat if he fitted my team.

He also did a very classy thing when he left:

http://www.boston.com/sports/patriots/bledsoe_ad.htm

Christ we never payed more then 5 million a year for Marino lol

And that was how long ago? The figures aren't comparable. Added to which Marino at the end of his career wasn't worth $5M a year.

Bledsoe for the BILLS IS HUGE!!!

I am truly surprised to hear that comparison between Feidler and Bledsoe! IMO Bledsoe is head and shoulders above Feidler! Now you put him with one of the BIGGEST DOLPHIN KILLERS in Eric Moulds and a young talented JOSH REED!!! Bledsoe can throw the rock!! Look how he came in and led the PATRIOTS in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP game in a hostile environment and a very GOOD DEFENSE!!! Another thing you have to admire about BLEDSOE is he is truly a professional! He didn't let his ego get in the way one bit when BRADY took over! He could have easily been a cancer to that team and their quest towards a championship! Kudos to BLEDSOE!! He is one of the better stories in the NFL!! Unfortunately he is with the BILLS!! MADISON, SURTAIN and MARION better get ready to bring their A-GAME because this isn't ROB"potato chip" JOHNSON throwing anymore!!!

Under basically the same circumstances, how has Bledsoe outperformed Fiedler over the past few seasons?

Bledsoe had to be queit most of last season because he was injured into December!!!! God, what was he supposed to do, mope about being hurt?? Everybody knows Bledsoe wouldn't have been the "happy little camper backup" this season, so he HAD to be traded. I hate it that people don't point out that he DID NOT attend the Super Bowl parade. Yeah, great TEAM GUY!!!!

Bledsoe is overhyped, and this season will prove that.

If you had his talent you would want to be traded!! Wouldn't you? Don't sit here and tell me Bledsoe isn't any good!! He has proven to be a quality quarterback! BLEDSOE IS TOUGH and he will definately help the BILLS! Saying he is overhyped is simply RIDICULOUS if you know about the position! Now he is teamed up with a very good receiver in Moulds! That is a huge move for the BILLS!

Didn't he have a very good WR in NE by the name of Terry Glenn? So who cares if he wants to play, to say he is such a great team player, but not show up for their parade? HELLO....blind or what? If he was there this year, would he complain?

Why should we be afraid of Drew Bledsoe? He couldn't beat us when we didn't have a run game(4 straight games). Why is he so fierce now?

I think Ron Wolf is getting old and losing his wisdom. He was good with GB's front office, but if he think Drew Bledsoe has 9 years left in him, then he is crazy.

Plain and simple, Bledsoe is so-so. He had a great RB in Curtis Martin, and played well. After that he had Robert Edwards and did fairly well.

He has NOTHING for a RB in Buffalo, and still a fair O line at best. I don't care how awesome a QB is (see Marino) without a solid O line, and a stout RB to take some pressure off, he is going to flounder.

It still amazes me that we went 11-5 with no line and no running game last season, and ALMOST repeated as division champs.

That in and of itself, should prove to some people that Jay is the better QB. Just take a peek at the year Drew had in 2000, not good.

Originally posted by dolfan87
Plain and simple, Bledsoe is so-so. He had a great RB in Curtis Martin, and played well. After that he had Robert Edwards and did fairly well.

He has NOTHING for a RB in Buffalo, and still a fair O line at best. I don't care how awesome a QB is (see Marino) without a solid O line, and a stout RB to take some pressure off, he is going to flounder.

It still amazes me that we went 11-5 with no line and no running game last season, and ALMOST repeated as division champs.

That in and of itself, should prove to some people that Jay is the better QB. Just take a peek at the year Drew had in 2000, not good.
I couldn't have typed that any better 87 ,,,, Bledsoe is a definite upgrade, but look at who has been standing behind center since Kelly retired.. And if Bledsoe is such a great qb and soooo much better then J Fiedler , why wouldn't the Patsies keep him this season and see if he could win his job back ???? No team is going to trade a potential starting player, (especially to a division rival), untill they have tried every possible way to utilize his talents in the offensive or defensive scheme. If the Patsies really thought that Bledsoe was going to make the jILLS a better team do you actually think they would be moronic enough to trade him to them ??????????????????????????:confused: :rolleyes: Marino1983

Everybody's excuses for Bledsoe is "oh, but he never had this or that, his weapons were....blah blah blah" What about FIEDLER? When has Jay worked behind a halfway decent line, a good running game, and when did he have WRs that people had to gameplan around to stop on defense. When has he had a threat at TE or FB or RB for that matter?

Oh but Bledsoe......BUT NOTHING!!!!!! They have had the same hand, Bledsoe had a SB team apparently in 2000, what major changes were there? He was horrible. Is he a good QB? Yes, but NOT TOP HALF OF THE NFL!!!!!!!!! Not even close.

This year he WOULD have been a locker room cancer, that is why he had to be traded! But you say he didn't complain last year, what was there to complain about? He was friggin injured all year. He came back way to late to have a legit argument to be a starter.

But he played really good in Pittsburgh when Brady went down. Did he? he threw 1 FRIGGIN TD! That is all, the rest of the day he was brutal, are people not BLIND?!!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!

He is an average QB that does well WHEN SURROUNDED by other people, much like Fiedler, but Jay can at least beat you with his feet, the only time Bledsoe scrambles he breaks his ribs, his lung was prolly gonna collapse anyway from being so far out of the pocket!!!!!

i think ur comparing two different qbs...its like comparing culpepper to manning...ones pure pocket passer ones a scrambler...i have sworn a plenty about fiedler, but i like our chances with him in his third year(look at brett favre in his first couple years)...i do think bledsoe will do a great job in buffalo. the reason is that moulds is a probowl wideout that is far better then terry glenn, and i think that the option to remersma is just what he needs when the o line screws up(remember him to coates) i do think i would rather have fiedler in our offence though...hes been here for a while and hes a gritty player who will give 110%...

Back
Top Bottom