blindness | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

blindness

plc001

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Why are you going to blame the coach? This game was not DW's fault. This one came down on the players.

Should have run ricky more? Why, what difference would it have made? This team put up 20 points, through the AIR! (That is the only plus side of the game) We get 20 points anyway possible, it is up to the defense to hold up their end of the deal. Would I have given the ball to ricky more, yeah, I probably would. But Miami is built to score an average of 20 points and play excellent defense. The offense did it's job. The defense blew chunks.

This game was due to a complete lack of defense and heart. Nothing at all to do with DW. More to do with the fact that our players saw this game as a practise. They got what they deserved. I'm glad it happened, maybe it will light a fire under our bums for the next game. I can't think of a better game to lose.

But to blame the coach is blindness, and thoughtless meandering. Coaching does not imbue a player with heart.

Originally posted by plc001
Why are you going to blame the coach?

Because it was his fault. He chose these players. It's his responsibility to prepare them for the game and to recognize if any of them are not ready. It's his responsibility to make adjustments if his gameplan was faulty. He has failed at his responsibility consistently for the last two seasons.

because this is the opening game at home against a second year expansion team! they were not fired up at all and they were looking past them to the Jets! thats why. wanny does not get pissed on the sidelines like he should or until its too late. wanny is a boob on the sideline and he shows no fire. also royals should not have even come close to being on this team after last year and this preaseason! he sucks royally! mr. shank. if he is not gone very soon, it is yet another sign of wanny's ignorance ! he needs to send this team a message now! not mid season!:yell: :eek:

I don't think the defense should take the brunt of the criticism. It's hard to keep up the intensity when the offense is 3 and out every other series. They stacked the box, just like every other team that beats us does, and forced us to pass. It's the same old story. We're one dimensional. Wanny needs to get his head out of his a$$ and makes the changes where they are necessary.
Oh...one more thing. Our O-line sucked yesterday.

I say that Miami should have ran Ricky alot more. All Miami lost by was 1 point. ONE. I feel if Miami would have ran Ricky 10 more times or so, we would have at least gotten a field goal out of the difference in field position. But thats JMO.

Re: Re: blindness

Originally posted by RikWriter

Because it was his fault. He chose these players. It's his responsibility to prepare them for the game and to recognize if any of them are not ready. It's his responsibility to make adjustments if his gameplan was faulty. He has failed at his responsibility consistently for the last two seasons.

Oh come on man.

The ****in players didn't execute..plain and simple. Missed tackles galore yesterday. Looking a step slow (EVERYONE). We were not up to game speed, period.

Originally posted by jaketaylor
I say that Miami should have ran Ricky alot more. All Miami lost by was 1 point. ONE. I feel if Miami would have ran Ricky 10 more times or so, we would have at least gotten a field goal out of the difference in field position. But thats JMO.

We couldn't even hold on to the ball for 5 min to run the clock out.

We stunk.

Originally posted by plc001
Why are you going to blame the coach? This game was not DW's fault. This one came down on the players.

Should have run ricky more? Why, what difference would it have made? This team put up 20 points, through the AIR! (That is the only plus side of the game) We get 20 points anyway possible, it is up to the defense to hold up their end of the deal. Would I have given the ball to ricky more, yeah, I probably would. But Miami is built to score an average of 20 points and play excellent defense. The offense did it's job. The defense blew chunks.

This game was due to a complete lack of defense and heart. Nothing at all to do with DW. More to do with the fact that our players saw this game as a practise. They got what they deserved. I'm glad it happened, maybe it will light a fire under our bums for the next game. I can't think of a better game to lose.

But to blame the coach is blindness, and thoughtless meandering. Coaching does not imbue a player with heart.

Dude it would have made a difference if we ran Ricky more. It eats up clock, lots of it. No reason to pass on 2nd and 14 with 4 minutes left when Houston only had 1 TO left. Dumb play calling that ultimately led to an INT, yes the throw was poor, but so was the play call.

You can spread the blame everywhere. But as far as the biggest disappointment goes, it has to be the defense IMO...

To be perfectly honest, I'm very glad this happend. This will serve as the biggest wake-up call this team has had under Wanny. All the hype, and all of the expectations are on the back-burner now, and that's where it should have been from the start.....

You can't put a price on motivation, and a loss like this will certainly change the attitude of this team. We thought we were unbeatable in September at home, and that is no longer the case. Anyone can beat any team on any given Sunday, and the Texans proved that yesterday. I don't think we, or the players wanted to believe it could happen to us against the Texans, and now reality is right here in our faces.

We were too ****y, and too untouchable at home in September. Maybe now we'll be more humble when it comes to facing inferior teams at home. This loss should serve as the best thing that could have happened to us IMO. To have the Texans be the team that put us in our place is just what we needed IMO...

PHINZ RULE!!!!
:cool:

That's true. Not enough game speed but the coaches do need to adapt to these team's O's and D's gameplans. The question is, for the "8 in the box" problem how does the team overcome it? What plays can defeat this? The coaches knew full well the Pats did this to us last year and stupid a** Royals helped put this team in a bad spot AGAIN. You mean to tell me that the coaches haven't figured out how to blow this formation up?

Back
Top Bottom