Bly blames Harrington for Mariucci's firing | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bly blames Harrington for Mariucci's firing

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Detroit Lions cornerback Dre' Bly blamed starting quarterback Joey Harrington for the firing Monday of head coach Steve Mariucci, the Detroit Free Press reported Tuesday.

"We're all at fault, but I just feel like Joey's been here four years, and being the No. 3 pick in the draft, he hasn't given us anything," Bly told the paper. "He hasn't given us what the third pick in the draft should give us.

"If we'd had production on offense, in particular the quarterback position, Mooch wouldn't have been fired. If Jeff Garcia hadn't gotten hurt, we wouldn't be in this position today. Mooch wouldn't have gotten fired."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10252033/

I think it goes deeper than that because Millen could have done something about Harrington being the only option available. I see where Bly's coming from and does point back to one person but that person is Millen, not harrington

Wow, Charlie Rodgers was the #2 pick in the draft. So he takes zero blame?

Come on, Joey is what he is, maybe the people who evaluated the talent should be at fault too.

Bly is 100% right & everyone knows it, but you can't say that especially with the guy still on the team.

cnc66 said:
four game suspension and deactivate his arse.

Yeah, conduct detrimental to the team.

I think you do have to sit him down for a couple of games. This team is undiciplined, that was a major part of Mooch getting fired. I think they have a bad mix. Harrington hasnt played great but its not like their defense is allworld and their running game is great and Harrington is just the only problem. Seems strange that Carr doesnt receive the same type of blame for his team being even worse. Detroits oline isnt great either.
Strange that a guy like Rodgers gets a drug suspension yet hes not at all to blame for a stagnant offense? Harrington might as well get ready for freeagency or a trade because if I was him I would demand either one. He may not be a good Qb but he has never been a bad guy or a bad teamate in public like this, he deserves to be treated with some dignity at least.

bly just wants out guys, Hey talking about your team in the open Got TO a new job next year, it'll get bly one too, maybe even a winning team... something detroit will not be for the next two or three years...

Wildbill3 said:
bly just wants out guys, Hey talking about your team in the open Got TO a new job next year, it'll get bly one too, maybe even a winning team... something detroit will not be for the next two or three years...

hmmm maybe Bly will come to Miami??

dominizzo said:
Millen has to be fired

Ding ding ding!!!!!! Tell him what he's won Johnny!!!!!! :goof:

Exactly, Millen is without a doubt the guy that needs to go, he is basically throwing Mooch (a friend) under a bus to try and save his job. This guy makes Rick Spielman look like Ron Wolf.

all bly sees is the INT. he doesnt see that the WR ran the wrong route, or batted the pass up for the INT, or fell down, or didnt run hard every play.

the play calling completly took the RB out of the game.

after what we now know about rodgers, i think teh lions did the right thing by drafting a WR in the first round in the last draft. it might have been 3 in 3 years, but rodgers has done nothing. and when you look at who was left in the last draft, their WR was the best guy on the board.

I agree with all that say Millen is the problem. He is. Bad decisions, and I believe, BAD leadership from the president position... this franchise will amount to nothing with him at the top. Sorry to see Mooch go like that and Harrington getting flamed like that. He probably has some blame to take, but, like someone said, the running game is non-existant and his WR, aside from the 1-2 catches Roy Williams does every game, don't impress me that much at the moment...

Oh well...

I think Joey gets a bad rap. He's got little to work with, less than Carr IMO. He looked decent on Thanksgiving and he gets pulled? That was garbage.

Back
Top Bottom