Bob Stoops come swim with the fishes! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bob Stoops come swim with the fishes!

i2panzer

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'll admit i like dave wannstedt. i think he is a good coach. but the problem is he is a good coach... he's not great, he's not bad he's just good. he doesn't scheme offensivley, or defensivley. and i don't really understand what puts him above anyone else.

Bob Stoops should be the Next Miami head coach.

#1 After Oklahoma wins the national championship (most likley beating USC) he will be leaving. College football will have nothing left to offer.

#2 Why go to a **** team? the teams that need HC are going to be garbage. Miami is stacked with talent and would seem to be a head coaches dream. We need a fast LB to roam the field while thomas/seau shut down the run, a new FS to replace Marion (he'll be going i do believe) he could get Woods (his own player) if miami loses O-Gun. so he'll know the schemes. Miami needs an ENTIRE line. Smith maybe better next season if he gets weight put on, Mckinney looks to be the future, and wade, and nails are DONE! maybe nails can regain his form. if we sign him we needs the league min, maybe a 1 year deal. depends if he get can his weight down, and other things.

Stoops will not be able to fail with this team, he can't. it's a safe place to start. do i expect to win the SB his first year? i think we can because i don't see DW doing anything special that stoops couldn't do.

That we agree on! Stoops will be the next HC. The only way Wanny could stay is if he got to the AFC title game. It didn't happen this year, not with 3 home loses. I think we also draft a WR, perhaps that Clayton at Oklahoma or LSU. But Stoops would be the Number 1 guy at this point.

Definitely. If the management doesn't make a concerted effort to lure Bob Stoops in the offseason I will be royally ticked.

Originally posted by brent
That we agree on! Stoops will be the next HC. The only way Wanny could stay is if he got to the AFC title game. It didn't happen this year, not with 3 home loses. I think we also draft a WR, perhaps that Clayton at Oklahoma or LSU. But Stoops would be the Number 1 guy at this point.

I think Michael Clayton at LSU is a true sophmore. If thats right, then he's not eligible until next year.

Originally posted by Boxer316

I think Michael Clayton at LSU is a true sophmore. If thats right, then he's not eligible until next year.

Clayton is a redshirt soph. I think. He is listed on every draft site.

But we won't get Clayton if we make the playoffs. I'm thinking Michael Jenkins or Lee Evans.

Stoops or Dennis Green would be fine with me..

Michael Clayton is a junior. So he can come out and give our Phins something to think about. :D

Originally posted by i2panzer
I'll admit i like dave wannstedt. i think he is a good coach.

what... in... the... haaaail??

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

Clayton is a redshirt soph. I think. He is listed on every draft site.

But we won't get Clayton if we make the playoffs. I'm thinking Michael Jenkins or Lee Evans.

Stoops or Dennis Green would be fine with me..

We should be picking in the top half of the draft..but even so, to me OLine is much more pressing than WR.

Re: Re: Bob Stoops come swim with the fishes!

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

what... in... the... haaaail??

Uh-oh. Muck is going to threaten to put you in MB Jail. You are supposed to say, "Very good observation, Panzer. DW is a fine coach...a fine coach indeed. He just needs three or four more years to get it done".

Then all of the positive people will come here and give you the virtual pats on the back. And all will be well.

but even so, to me OLine is much more pressing than WR.

Well, since we don't have a 2nd round pick, we need to fill one need in free agency and one in the draft. Free agency is kind of deep for OL's. This draft is -SICK- at the receiver position.

I'd like to sign a good OL or two, and take a receiver in the first round.

Re: Re: Re: Bob Stoops come swim with the fishes!

Uh-oh. Muck is going to threaten to put you in MB Jail. You are supposed to say, "Very good observation, Panzer. DW is a fine coach...a fine coach indeed. He just needs three or four more years to get it done".

Then all of the positive people will come here and give you the virtual pats on the back. And all will be well.

LOL, no.. Muck is cool. He says "azz" :tongue:

hopefully the line can be addressed in free agency so we can get someone with expirence.

RT Ryan Diem. Did not play yesterday, but would not have given up a sack to O-Gun yesterday.

24 or 25 something like that, but will not get a huge contract.

In the third draft underrated Brian Rimpf to play LG and re-sign a healthy Nails to be our RG.

No he couldn't have.

Well all I know is he underrated, young, and our best option.

Back
Top Bottom