Bobby Bowden on T.Minor | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bobby Bowden on T.Minor

FsuFinFan99

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Q: What is it that made Travis Minor, who could be starting for the Dolphins this season, such an admirable player while he was at Florida State?

Bobby: His dependability, stableness, accountability, and responsibility. He was that kind of player. Never had one drop-can’t remember him one time, even the hint of him coming by my office with a problem. He was always accountable and steady. There is a really a place for those kind of guys as witnessed with Ricky Williams walking off. There is Travis sitting right there with him, maybe he doesn’t possess the ability but at least he lines up when they get ready to line up. That is the way he was going when he was here.

More proof that Travis Minor is a standout guy.

I haven' t missed a day of work in 12 years, maybe I should try out.

Minor was incredible when he played for FSU!! I remember hating when he would play the Canes, cause that was back in the days when they would beat us. I was really happy the Fins got him, and sad to see Ricky take away the potential of him being our star... Now, is his time. It will be exciting to see what he can do with it.

I have no problem with Travis. There is a huge dropoff in talent from Williams, but he is right.. at least he steps up to the plate.. err, line. I'm eager to see what he can do in the presense of adversity Saturday night.

I think you people are missing the point of the NFL. Effort is great and all but talent is what takes you places. Keep that in mind when you see our running game this year.

Travis Minor has talent, no doubt. He torched the UM defense time and time again... and I would continually hate that guy. However, when he became a Dolphin I knew from that point that he would help us out in some fashion. The guy has talent... is he a Ricky Williams? Highly doubtful... but can he be that quick RB out of the backfield? Absolutely.

If you give him a little light, he'll make it a few yards or burn you... without a doubt.

Travis is going to be fine for 10-15 carries a game. Nobody doubts that. The problem is findind someone else to give us a quality 10-15 carries a game.

ChambOfCommerce said:
I want to see Travis succeed not just for the team's sake, but because people like him DESERVE IT.
:yes:

the guy has done everything he can for the team aside from starting and now he gets his big chance. If used properly, he will get decent YPC.

I always believed that Travis Minor could be Better than W. Dunn or T. Barber. He is the same type of back as them, however I think he has a bit more power than the other two.

Ricky didn't make much out of nothing last year. I like Minor's outside speed and he has good hands.

Back
Top Bottom