Bobby Shaw vs T Buck - big 3rd down matchup | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bobby Shaw vs T Buck - big 3rd down matchup

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
It's still early: Don't rush to judgment

WR Bobby Shaw, Bills. Shaw's current role might be his best yet. He isn't a traditional No. 2 receiver, but the Bills usually can find matchups to exploit by using him pretty regularly in the three-receiver sets they use so often. This week is a good one, with Shaw likely to get lots of one-on-ones against Dolphins nickelback Terrell Buckley, one of the few DBs he holds a significant size advantage over. Buckley still gets caught taking gambles and no longer has the speed to recover, and the Bills will want to avoid Miami's excellent cover corners on the perimeter.

I like T Buck to have a nice game in Mia Sun nite...

I have never really been a fan of TBuck, but he is playing better than Fletcher.

It is time for the D to show up and make some plays!!

Shaw's Quick, not fast, his strength lies more in his route running, and coverage recognition. He's been on a Gilbride team before so he is very knowledgable of the offense. These are his biggest assets. He also has a knack for getting open.

T-Buck should be able to handle Shaw...Shaw has lost some speed, I could tell.

I like T-Buck peeling off for a corner blitz against Drew Bledsoe. Drew is big, and T-Buck might fall off him, but it will rattle Drew and I don't think Drew is particularly good when rattled.

Out of all the DB's T-Buck is the one who scares me. He comes up with a lot of plays but a lot of times he makes mistakes and his receiver is wide open. I just hope he has a good game.

Predaphin: "T-Buck should be able to handle Shaw...Shaw has lost some speed, I could tell."

When did it dawn on you? Was it when Shaw split the Jacksonville defenders and ran in for a touchdown?"

Buckley doesn't gamble anymore. And he is a much better tackler now than he was on his first run in Miami.

Originally posted by StartingTailbak
Buckley doesn't gamble anymore. And he is a much better tackler now than he was on his first run in Miami.

He may not gamble as much as he used to but when I watched the tape of the Jets game he sure had some blown asignments.

Bobby Shaw never really was a respectable receiver. The best reaction to that play you bills fans are referring to is when Deion Sanders saw it and says "How does a guy get THAT OPEN in the national football league?!?!?!"

The answer? It was the freaking Jacksonville Jaguars!

I seriously can't wait till Monday.

Bumping these topics and waiting for excuses is going to be almost as much fun as the game itself.

Typical ignorant finfan:

"Bobby Shaw must be poop"

Why?

"Cause I've never heard of em!"

Back
Top Bottom