Bold statement | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bold statement

No starting WR from the 2020 team will be here in the 2022 season.
Thats actually a pretty meh statline.

Less than 2 TD per game and 235 yards per game.
As long as the running game is working and the defense is playing effectively, those would be great stats. Most of the time when QB’s throw for over 300 yards, their defense isn’t playing well and they have little or no running game.

I would love for the Dolphins to have a balanced attack and rush for 125-150 yards a game with 2-3 rushing TD’s. If Tua passes for an additional 235 yards and 1-2 TD’s that would be great, IMO.

My bold prediction is:

Half way through the season as the Dolphins keep winning, the talking heads will shift emphases and say:
They knew the Dolphins were going to be a tough team to beat this year.

Three quarters of the way through the season they will be saying:
They knew Tua was going to be great and the current stats are showing they were right.

The last game of the season they will be boasting that they knew that our backs and receivers were the best in the league.

When we get to the Superbowl they will be pointing out how effective the FO was rebuilding the team.

When we win the Superbowl they will be complaining that any one with an OL like ours would have done as much or more.

Dolphin fans will be to drunk to care what the talking heads are saying.

Next year the talking heads will start out saying, I'm not sure they can repeat this year.

Did I mention I'm from the future? - LOL
I do sense that a lot of people will be jumping on the Miami Dolphins bandwagon this year. Get ready to see more hats, jerseys and other Miami memorabilia start reappearing.

Tua will be benched.

People hate/laugh about this but I could absolutely see Flores doing this, he has no patients especially if we are trying to compete for playoffs and Brissett is a fine backup QB with experience. That being said, hope this doesn't happen because that will say a lot about Flores trust in Tua.

Interesting.

Will many leave in Free agency or will they all just get replaced in the draft?

I don't see DvP going over 1000 yards in this offense. My feeling is he'll get traded next year. Hollins could develop into his replacement as an outside 50/50 guy.

PW really hasn't shown enough to keep much longer. His season averages extrapolated don't make up for his unavailability. Again, he won't get 1k yards either. He could be cut/traded soon. Gesicki could slide outside a lot more. Merritt could develop, or we draft/trade for a good 2.

I think Grant could be the one who stays again, but this is probably his last year in Miami. He's electric as a returner, but his skill-set as a receiver is covered by Wilson, Fuller, and Waddle.

People hate/laugh about this but I could absolutely see Flores doing this, he has no patients especially if we are trying to compete for playoffs and Brissett is a fine backup QB with experience. That being said, hope this doesn't happen because that will say a lot about Flores trust in Tua.

Last year didn't seem to "shake" Flores trust in Tua, so I doubt if benching him a few times this year will either.

It might be important to the team that Bissett gets some playing time this year. It would allow Tua an occasional rest and get Bissett a little live game experience, especially if we are winning.

Last year didn't seem to "shake" Flores trust in Tua, so I doubt if benching him a few times this year will either.

It might be important to the team that Bissett gets some playing time this year. It would allow Tua an occasional rest and get Bissett a little live game experience, especially if we are winning.

Big difference between being benched and getting the backup reps in a blowout I think.

If he's actually pulled from games that is a horrible sign. If its a blowout obviously Brisset getting some snaps is ideal.

Back
Top Bottom