Bolts forum mock help - I am the Phins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bolts forum mock help - I am the Phins

IgorUnchained

Bolt Pride
Reaction score
Hey Phins fans-

My forum is doing a forum mock draft, and I chose the Dolphins. I am going with the understanding that the need positions are O line, CB, ILB, and QB if you dont land Brees. Anyone have any suggestions, rankings in order of importance, or just a question they want to ask of a diehard Chargers fan?

Sorry for taking up your space, and thank you for any help you can offer.

I would set our needs at.

(1) QB : Find a starting Vet QB. We have none right now unless you plan to start Gus, but he would be likely released. Of course we are targeting Brees and I think he is the best option out there.

(2) Secondary : With basically young unproven guys at every spot this would be a huge need, unless you expect them all to step up this year. T. Daniels and W. Poole would be the starting CB with T. Tillman and Y. Bell the starting safeties. Getting a Vet CB to start opposite Daniels would be a must and move Poole to Nickle. A Vet Safety would also be nice to start with Bell and Tillman would be good depth. Finding these mid-priced vets will be hard but fixing this with the draft is unlikely considering the Secondary is already very young especially at CB.

(3) O-Line : One upgrade at this position would be nice. Either LT or G/C. I like Ashworth that got released from the Pats at LT. The G/C spot would be good to address in the Draft or FA.

(4) NT : Need a solid run stuffer when we play the 3-4 D. Traylor is getting older and no idea what he will do next year, if he even will play. If healthy he is a beast but can't tell what he will do till later in the year. Sorta gambling if ya keep him. This would be a good Draft spot and maybe dump a couple of the older DT.

(5) OLB : We are actually good with ILB Thomas and Crowder can play there with Pope for Depth. A solid OLB to replace Seau would be nice. Spragen could start here but is a great spot to look at the Draft.

Some other areas to look at in the Draft other then stated previously are.
QB : A young QB to sit behind Brees would be nice, unless you are happy with Lemon here. QB is a big issue with Starter and Back-up.
S : It would be nice to get a young guy in the draft here. It is not as pressing as other areas but if someone drops it could be a good addition.
WR : Would be nice to get a young guy here that could add depth and maybe impact the team later in the year.

Areas where we are good and wouldn't need much attention.
RB : Unless ya plan to trade Ricky or he gets suspended, then it might need a look. Morris is still a Quality guy here but needs resigned. Kay-Jay Harris is also a possiblity here but sorta a wild card, since we have no idea what he can do in a regular season game. I think Harris could be good on ST and add Quality Depth though.
DE : We have quality guys to play both 3-4 and 4-3 DE. This is our most stacked spot.
ILB : Like I said before with Thomas, Crowder and Pope. There isn't much need to address this.
TE : We got R. McMichael and hopefully T. Johnson can be our 2nd guy. Both are good Recievers, Johnson has some blocking problems though. We also have Holmes here to help in blocking or play H-Back if we use that.
WR : We are basically set here. I like Booker as our #2 some guys don't. We could use some depth but really other then that it looks set. Welker makes a good Slot Recieve as well.

I would think Huff or Greenway if everything falls in dolphins favor.:lol:

But realistically i would think cromartie due to a need of secondary help and because jimmy williams may have fallen out of the first round.

Winston justice is a popular choice, i'm not a fan , but he is a good tackle prospect.

I'm becoming a manny lawson fan for OLB. good speed/size combo to be the next jason taylor(or merriman):D

ZolarZ_GoPhins said:
I would set our needs at.

(1) QB : Find a starting Vet QB. We have none right now unless you plan to start Gus, but he would be likely released. Of course we are targeting Brees and I think he is the best option out there.

(2) Secondary : With basically young unproven guys at every spot this would be a huge need, unless you expect them all to step up this year. T. Daniels and W. Poole would be the starting CB with T. Tillman and Y. Bell the starting safeties. Getting a Vet CB to start opposite Daniels would be a must and move Poole to Nickle. A Vet Safety would also be nice to start with Bell and Tillman would be good depth. Finding these mid-priced vets will be hard but fixing this with the draft is unlikely considering the Secondary is already very young especially at CB.

(3) O-Line : One upgrade at this position would be nice. Either LT or G/C. I like Ashworth that got released from the Pats at LT. The G/C spot would be good to address in the Draft or FA.

(4) NT : Need a solid run stuffer when we play the 3-4 D. Traylor is getting older and no idea what he will do next year, if he even will play. If healthy he is a beast but can't tell what he will do till later in the year. Sorta gambling if ya keep him. This would be a good Draft spot and maybe dump a couple of the older DT.

(5) OLB : We are actually good with ILB Thomas and Crowder can play there with Pope for Depth. A solid OLB to replace Seau would be nice. Spragen could start here but is a great spot to look at the Draft.

Some other areas to look at in the Draft other then stated previously are.
QB : A young QB to sit behind Brees would be nice, unless you are happy with Lemon here. QB is a big issue with Starter and Back-up.
S : It would be nice to get a young guy in the draft here. It is not as pressing as other areas but if someone drops it could be a good addition.
WR : Would be nice to get a young guy here that could add depth and maybe impact the team later in the year.

Areas where we are good and wouldn't need much attention.
RB : Unless ya plan to trade Ricky or he gets suspended, then it might need a look. Morris is still a Quality guy here but needs resigned. Kay-Jay Harris is also a possiblity here but sorta a wild card, since we have no idea what he can do in a regular season game. I think Harris could be good on ST and add Quality Depth though.
DE : We have quality guys to play both 3-4 and 4-3 DE. This is our most stacked spot.
ILB : Like I said before with Thomas, Crowder and Pope. There isn't much need to address this.
TE : We got R. McMichael and hopefully T. Johnson can be our 2nd guy. Both are good Recievers, Johnson has some blocking problems though. We also have Holmes here to help in blocking or play H-Back if we use that.
WR : We are basically set here. I like Booker as our #2 some guys don't. We could use some depth but really other then that it looks set. Welker makes a good Slot Recieve as well.

wow, great reply! couldn't have said it better myself

IgorUnchained said:
Hey Phins fans-

My forum is doing a forum mock draft, and I chose the Dolphins. I am going with the understanding that the need positions are O line, CB, ILB, and QB if you dont land Brees. Anyone have any suggestions, rankings in order of importance, or just a question they want to ask of a diehard Chargers fan?

Sorry for taking up your space, and thank you for any help you can offer.

ILB isnt a need. Channing Crowder is a MLB... but played OLB this year because we had to get him on the field... and we have Zach Thomas...

OLB is a pretty big need though...

I would rank our needs as:

QB
CB
S
OLB
OL

phinfan77 said:
I would think Huff or Greenway if everything falls in dolphins favor.:lol:

But realistically i would think cromartie due to a need of secondary help and because jimmy williams may have fallen out of the first round.

Winston justice is a popular choice, i'm not a fan , but he is a good tackle prospect.

I'm becoming a manny lawson fan for OLB. good speed/size combo to be the next jason taylor(or merriman):D

there is no freakin way Jimmy Williams has fallen out of the 1st round. He may have slipped a little bit... but definatly not that far...

FinNasty said:
there is no freakin way Jimmy Williams has fallen out of the 1st round. He may have slipped a little bit... but definatly not that far...

it would be sweet if he fell to us in the 2nd!

Thanks alot for the replies guys!

I am leaning heavily toward an O lineman....I dont know if we are going more than one round on this first mock or not. I forgot that Crowder was an ILB, so yeah....you guys would be set with him and Thomas.
I thought the team had gone back to a predominantly 4-3 style defense, but if you are playing a 3-4 then that clears some things up too.
I really didnt know how stacked your D line was until I checked out the depth chart....that will probably keep me from taking Bunkley in the first, although it was a possibility earlier on. I am still considering a CB/S style guy since the loss of Surtain, Fletcher, and Madison...and since you guys seem to do well when you have talent in the secondary.

Again, thanks for the replies....I am always pleasantly surprised by the cool posters on this forum!

Take care

IgorUnchained said:

I am leaning heavily toward an O lineman....I dont know if we are going more than one round on this first mock or not. I forgot that Crowder was an ILB, so yeah....you guys would be set with him and Thomas.
I thought the team had gone back to a predominantly 4-3 style defense, but if you are playing a 3-4 then that clears some things up too.
I really didnt know how stacked your D line was until I checked out the depth chart....that will probably keep me from taking Bunkley in the first, although it was a possibility earlier on. I am still considering a CB/S style guy since the loss of Surtain, Fletcher, and Madison...and since you guys seem to do well when you have talent in the secondary.

Again, thanks for the replies....I am always pleasantly surprised by the cool posters on this forum!

Take care

yea i would pick jimmy williams.

If you havent done this yet, based on who would be taken if there. The top ones are unlikely but have some sort of chance of falling to 16.
1) Cutler
2) Huff
3) Justice
4) Greenway
5) Jimmy Williams

IgorUnchained said:

Take care

if I were you Id take a Safety/Corner in the first

and an O-lineman in the second

Chances are a good player will be there like Eric Winston in the second

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=29518&page=8

There is a link to the first 2 rounds of the mock we did. It took a long time and we decided to do rounds 3-4 in the future. The draft section of the forum at www.chargers.com has more info on the mock as well.

For those of you who dont feel like link-hopping, I scored the Phins:

1) Tye Hill - CB

and

2) Max Jean-Gilles - OG

I was planning on picking Manny Lawson with the first pick, but barely missed him....I was shocked that Jean-Gilles fell that far and I could hear Culpepper, R Brown, and Hud smiling when I made that pick.

Back
Top Bottom