Booing | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booing

dolfan201

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I gotta tell ya, I have a real problem with the Home Crowd Booing the Dolphins after being down 10-0. At halftime I was not real happy with the offense but I knew it was winnable, I think the players have enough on their during the game to keep their confidence up the don't need the crowd trying to bring them down. Home field is suppose to give you an advantage. Not only does it bring down your team it gives the visiting team a boost to hear that.... My mother taught me if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all...

Booing a 7-3 team is awful :yell:

Of course, so it not scoring for 7 straight quarters at home. :eek:

i have noticed..........

since jay started overthrowing, the INT's went down. when he underthrows, thats when he gets picked. i wonder if he is afraid of the INT! :rolleyes:

No Jay TO's = 2 W's

W's are really all that matters to me - since my hopes for the beating the Jets were desimated.

Let get home field advantage!

Hey 06.................

Originally posted by dolfan06
since jay started overthrowing, the INT's went down. when he underthrows, thats when he gets picked. i wonder if he is afraid of the INT! :rolleyes:

That's a good, interesting point that you've brought up.:eek:

I heard the booing on TV too. That is just pathetic of the hometown fans. :yell: I don't think I have ever booed the home team.

the coach said

TOUGH CROWD

Coach Dave Wannstedt, like his players, heard the boos Sunday.

``Everybody wants it to happen real fast,'' he said. ``A team's going to struggle. If the players aren't strong-minded, when we came in at halftime, you could just fold up the tent. When we had the lead, I felt we had home-field advantage. Which comes first? Playing good or getting the crowd behind you? It's obvious, playing good. We've got to get that done. We've got to stand up. We're big boys.''

from http://www.miami.com/herald/content/sports/football/dolphins/digdocs/009725.htm

and from Zach

``I understand they pay good money for a ticket, but I mean, give us a chance,'' Thomas said. ``It's a 60-minute game. They should have booed us when we played the Jets, but I mean, come on, it's not even halftime and we're getting booed. We're not 3-8, we're 8-3. Yeah, we need to put it together, but that's not helping us at all, when you're playing at home and we're getting booed before halftime, and it's really 3-0. Come on.

``Maybe at the end of the fourth quarter when the game is over, boo.''

They have to stop booing the home team.:yell: I would never boo for the team I was rooting for. I only boo the other team and those dumb refs.

I don't have a problem booing and found myself doing it on Sunday for 3 quarters. I also think when the players hear the boos it wakes them up and makes them try a little harder. So I say, if its valid, which it was, boo all you want.

Think about this, if your boss told you your performance wasn't acceptable would you try to make it better or roll over and cry?

I'd rather hear the booing and get the win fin fans! Today I was on my Jet Board and everyone was belly aching about the loss to the Patsies it made me sick! They were even worse then you guys when you lost to us LOL. But some of them were jumping ship already like we were the Titanic??? At least you guys rally and regroup and not once did I ever hear talk of jumping ship! I guess I'm only a hand full of faithful Jet fans!!:D Oh BTW congrats on your win! No tricks! I hate Denver!!!! Air is too thin LMAO:lol:

Booing your team when they are in first place and playing another good football team is totally lame. The 1-10 Bills fans booing that's OK, but booing at team that has only lost to 2 teams all year. :fire:

Yelling and screaming or staring in disbelief at not scoring for 7 quarters at home are acceptable, but booing is just too much of a Jets' fan thing to do.

I boo because I care and I know everyone, especially the coaches can do better.

I think we've worn out the 1-yard flanker screen on 3rd and 8. Or the run up the middle at 2nd and 2. Or rushing the same 4 guys on defense without stunting. Let's call something creative for a change.

Back
Top Bottom