Boomer? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer?

caneaddict

Pro Bowler
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine McPherson has fallen this far for gambling/stealing. Many players have done much worse. If GM's really thought this guy has the talent he would have gone Rd 2-3. The fact that he's still on the board tells me his problems are more on the field than off. Since you weren't high in him, my question is, what's wrong with him (on the field)? Reading defenses? Making adjustments? We all know he's got the arm. But, many guys have a great arm.

lack of experience, he's raw. But if he's there at #147, I think Miami will take him. He is now the best quarterback left

"I'm not high on him" "He's raw" these aren't specific responses I was looking for. I'm looking for he doesn't do X well. He has X flaws. etc.

caneaddict said:
"I'm not high on him" "He's raw" these aren't specific responses I was looking for. I'm looking for he doesn't do X well. He has X flaws. etc.

he doesnt read defenses well due to not playing much, and he has some character concerns

He's got bad accuracy. Sure he's got the gun, but he's a sub 50% completion guy.

hugely inaccurate, les sthan 50% completion percentage and a guy who will take 3/4 years to be a pro.

By the way... I was just repeating what I'd heard Boomer say... so he wasn't just copying me :goof:

Was that 50% in college or Arena? He didn't play much in college so I'm curious if that 50% was specifically due to his inaccuracy. Does he really miss his receivers that often? I thought I heard he has an accurate arm. If his throws are off the mark you would expect to see a higher interception number. From what I understand his interceptions are low. That seems to go against being inaccurate. What's the reason for low completion % AND low interceptions?

Finally, Boomer, when you say he will take 3-4 years to develop, isn't that how long it takes most QB's to develop? What is it about his game that will take him longer to develop than a college QB like Orlovsky?

But if he is still there at #162, i WOULD LOVE FOR US TO TAKE HIM!!!

Regardless if whether or not he can read defenses or is accurate, he's going to generate A LOT of discussion here after pick 162 goes by. :lol:

Pocoloco said:
lack of experience, he's raw. But if he's there at #147, I think Miami will take him. He is now the best quarterback left
I think we traded our 5th for KC's 5th....so we'd be hoping he's at 162 i believe.

Back
Top Bottom