Boomer's Analysis of Will Poole | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer's Analysis of Will Poole

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Some of you may have already seen this on Sunday. But I just wanted to make sure it got seen. While I STILL have not gotten a chance to finish off the CBs (which Boomer submitted in PLENTY of time for the draft), I did get the first page done on Sunday. And guess who was ranked #1?? :D

http://www.finheaven.com/seasonal/cb/cb1

Boomer must label him the steal of the draft w/that ringing (unbiased)endorsement...

I have to love any USC guy that grew in the same 'hood as me and was not a Jets fan
On if he grew up a Jets fan) -- “No. I grew up a Giants fans. Around that time LT was running the city.â€Â
I actually went Jr HS w/a one armed guy that played football (OG) for Poole's HS :eek:

I love the pick.... Sam on the hand may be a little worried...

Muck said:
Some of you may have already seen this on Sunday. But I just wanted to make sure it got seen. While I STILL have not gotten a chance to finish off the CBs (which Boomer submitted in PLENTY of time for the draft), I did get the first page done on Sunday. And guess who was ranked #1?? :D

http://www.finheaven.com/seasonal/cb/cb1

Wow, thinks he's the number one corner huh.....
If it's true then we basically had 2 number 1 picks.
We'll see.

What I definitely like about this guy is his physical play.
Everything I hate about the way Madison plays this guy is the exact opposite.
Taking on hits, aggressive jamming of receivers.... basically not ever shying away from contact.
I look forward to him taking over the CB spot in a few years.

He definitely has the talent to be a baller, and it seems that the "character" issues everyone made a big deal about when he was at Boston College, didn't follow him to USC. Looks like Miami should have one of the better secondaries for years to come. :up:

PHINdictive said:
He definitely has the talent to be a baller, and it seems that the "character" issues everyone made a big deal about when he was at Boston College, didn't follow him to USC. Looks like Miami should have one of the better secondaries for years to come. :up:

Nice picture Phindictive, :)

Yeah, great choice of user name. :up:

That was a good read but also confusing. Boomer states that he had a hard time figuring out who to put at the number 1 spot between Poole and DeAngelo Hall. He ulitmately picks Poole. However, the guy in the second spot is Derrick Strait. ....? Sorry, I don't follow college football with an intense eye, and didn't catch where Strait was drafted, but what happened to Hall?

Samphin said:
That was a good read but also confusing. Boomer states that he had a hard time figuring out who to put at the number 1 spot between Poole and DeAngelo Hall. He ulitmately picks Poole. However, the guy in the second spot is Derrick Strait. ....? Sorry, I don't follow college football with an intense eye, and didn't catch where Strait was drafted, but what happened to Hall?

I think Strait was picked by the Jets in the third round.

Hall was drafted 8th overall by Atlanta.

Samphin said:

Sam, you mis-read - actually what I said was the following:

"I was really flipping back and forth as to who my top corner should be. Most experts have DeAngelo Hall as the number one and whilst he certainly has the upside potential, I consider him a long way from being the finished article."

I didn't say that I was flip flopping between Poole and Hall, just that I was flip flopping generally, and putting in the caveat that whilst Hall would be taken 1st, he wouldn't be my 1st choice.

Boomer, correct me if Im wrong, but I thought you said at one point that you liked Dunta Robisnon the best. :confused:

I did Surf - which is why I was going back and forth. But then I re-watched the Rose Bowl and the Sugar Bowl as well as a game from Strait's junior year and re-evaluated.

Boomer said:
Sam, you mis-read - actually what I said was the following:

"I was really flipping back and forth as to who my top corner should be. Most experts have DeAngelo Hall as the number one and whilst he certainly has the upside potential, I consider him a long way from being the finished article."

I didn't say that I was flip flopping between Poole and Hall, just that I was flip flopping generally, and putting in the caveat that whilst Hall would be taken 1st, he wouldn't be my 1st choice.

Ok, gotcha, but out of just plain old curiosity, where was Hall and Dunta on your list?

Derrick Strait was drafted by the Jets in the third btw. I actually went and looked something up for once.

Back
Top Bottom