boston at TE? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

boston at TE?

Boston isn't half the blocker he'd need to be at tight end. Plus, why would you take a guy who will consistently blow up the CB who's covering him and match him up on a linebacker or a safety? Let Boston blow up the CB and then use that 4.35 getting way downfield with the CB on his a** 5 yards off the line.

Agua said:
Where's the Boston to Safety thread?
They'll be here as soon as I start the Feeley to clipboard holder threads :)

I just read the trade Ronnie Brown thread and now Im reading another "lets move this player to another position" thread. Just a bad night for me.

I understand the train of thought on this, but it really wouldnt work..especially now that he is lighter that he was before. If they were to put him in there it would be almost obvious that it is for passing purposes only, I mean you might get lucky and get a mismatch against a LB or S, but chances are they would have the end drill him at the line negating the speed advantage..

canefreek said:
I was thinking to myself since the beginning of last year when we first signed boston that with his size I think he would be a good option at te.Do you thing that linehan would be open to trying some 2 te end sets. I could only imagine chambers and booker wide with randy and boston at TE and ronnie out of the back field. what do you guys think?

You do realize that TE's need to block DE's and LB's, right? :shakeno:

i thought boston was going to play safety for us. :tongue:

oh yeah you know, he's big and fast... and stuff.

i thought about putting him in the slot but i like different formations and i still think its something i would like to see. I want everybody on the field. I think putting boston at te would be easier to run out of instead of a 3 wide formation.also i thought it would be a neat fromation in the redzone.with randy and dave at the te position.

p.s. how come nobody was being this sarcastic when taylor said he wanted a shot at te?

also is there some reason that everybody thinks that boston is some wimp? i know he is not typical size. but on one hand there is people talking about him running people over and others talking about him being fragile? now im not talking about a full transition to te im talking a couple of plays during a game.if a 220-230 pound running back can take the punishment of the d linemen trying to kill him. why cant a 233 pound boston chip the de and roll out.also what if he starts gaining weight again wasnt he up to 260 last year.to me that that has tight end all over it.but i also realize that most of that weight was the juice talking.

canefreek said:
you dont think it would create mismatches down the middle?

If Boston is healthy and at full speed, he's a mismatch against any defender on teh field. We wouldn't have to move him to TE.

My god, this is why I hate the offseason. TE does more than just catch the ball ya know.... they block and stuff like that also. The TE is a lot more physical position than WR and Boston has also been fragile in the past. Boston is losing weight, he is down to 228.... thats too undersized to play TE.

I think I am going to make this my signature, because I seem to keep typing it a lot this offseason:
NFL PLAYERS ARE NOT LEGGOS, YOU CAN NOT JUST TAKE THEM AND SNAP THEM ANYWHERE.

Add this to the "we should bring in a WR to play CB" and "thomas to SS" and "St Clair should play LT" and "sign Law to play FS" and now "Boston to TE"
For the love of god people...... THINK! :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom