Boston or Moulds?Who's better? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boston or Moulds?Who's better?

Originally posted by dolfan25
Moulds 8 seasons- 3 seasons with over a 1000 yds
Boston 5 seasons- 2 seasons with over a 1000 yds.

Anyone who thinks either Moulds or Boston is a top 4 receiver is overrating both of them.

Is Moulds better than Moss, TO, Harrison, Torry Holt or Isaac Bruce. No way. Heck Jerry Rice has been nearly as productive in the last 5 years as Moulds. The exact same thing can be said of Boston. He's not as good as those top 5 but neither is Moulds and anyone who says so is as much a Bills homer as any Dolphins homer.

And Moulds played in 13 games last year not 7 whether he was hurt or not he played in 13 games.

That is not true. Your getting that from stats. NFL.com and CBS Sportsline get there stats from if he suited up or not. He absolutely did not play AT ALL in 4 games. 3 - 4 other games he played but for less than 1 quarter.

Originally posted by Surferosa
Im a big believer in Mouslds but he DOESNT bring it year in and year out. He brings it every other year (at least thats what the statistics show). Theyre both pretty inconsistent receivers.

I think he does. Look at the YPC, QB play, and injuries. The years he "didn't" bring it....

1999 - played 14 games. Still managed 65 recs, 15.3 ypc, and 7 TDs splitting time between Flutie and Johnson.

2001 - 67 recs at 13.5 a pop. But he had Rob Johnson, Van Pelt, and Travis Brown throwing him the ball. Peerless Price did catch 55 @ 16.3 that year though.

2003 - Injured most of the year. Missed three games. Still got 64 recs.

Believe it or not, his 100 rec 2002 season was his worst ypc season as a starter (before this year). Just another misleading stat.

I think he will start slowing down though. I also believe that this groin injury could likely cause him to never regain that elite form again. And Boston could very easily regain his.

But until proven otherwise, he's still above Boston.

Back
Top Bottom