Boston or Moulds?Who's better? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boston or Moulds?Who's better?

Originally posted by baalworship
Keep in mind that greatness isn't a 40 yard dash and a weigh in. Jerry Rice would be slower than Moulds and Boston and Chambers and such but Rice was the greatest receiver EVER. Talent is nothing without work ethic and professionalism.

Also, I want a receiver that wants the ball at all times and doesn't take plays off. Boston is not even close to Moulds when it comes to this. Moulds started off a bit immature but has blossomed into the ideal #1 receiver. A team leader that makes everyone around him better. A guy that needs to be acounted for at all times. Moulds could barely walk after week 5 and still almost got 1000 yards because he is so good that a Moulds that can barely walk is better than most #3 receivers.

Boston is young... he has time to change, and he is coming to the only wr coach that could control if he comes here.

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
You say not to talk about the past but there you go.
that's because you are comparing 2 specific players. Helloooo! You can't compare w/o looking at past performances.

To say Boston is a top wr, you will have to look based on his last performance which is nothing but a no.2.

You will all see the truth on Boston based on what Miaimi will pay him. If he is indeed a top tier wr, then Spielman will pay him top $$$. (I hope they do).

Finfans should view the Boston signing like they did seau, an upgrade over what you have and nothing more. Some finfans talk like you guys are signing Moss or Owens.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by 72phin
Stat Comparison:
2000 - Boston 1156 yds, Moulds 1326 yds
2001 - Boston 1598 yds, Moulds 904 yds
2002 - Boston 512 yds, Moulds 1292 yds
2003 - Boston 880 yds, Moulds 780 yds

Yards per catch (2000-2003):
Boston - 16.3, 16.3, 16.0, 12.6
Moulds - 14.1, 13.5, 12.4, 12.2

Boston is younger. He is younger than Chris Chambers.
He had a devistating knee injury in 2002. Ever hear of the adage that it takes two years to recover from a knee injury?
San Diego ought to get rid of Marty instead of Boston.
Moulds top 4 receiver? PaLease

Also a good point.... look at jamal lewis 2 years after his....

You can't compare Seau signing to Boston, Seau is coming to the end and Boston is coming into his prime.That was a bad comparison.

Originally posted by Justasportsfan
To say Boston is a top wr, you will have to look based on his last performance which is nothing but a no.2.

If you look based on Moulds LAST performance, you would have to say that Moulds is no better than a no. 2.:evil:

Originally posted by Junoir 61503
You can't compare Seau signing to Boston, Seau is coming to the end and Boston is coming into his prime.That was a bad comparison.
They are both upgrades at their positions. An upgrade . Do you know what that means? I never said Boston was on his way down. :rolleyes:

I cant stand it when fans vote for there guy just because they have them. Watch a couple of Bills games, and then try to tell me Boston is better.

It is not even close. All you say that Moulds had a bad year last year? HE WAS OUT FOR 7 GAMES ...

There is absolutely no comparison. Moulds is A LOT better than Boston. I dont give a **** about potential. Ryan Leaf had potential.

Boston has a edge on strength but Boston doesnt make the one handed catches, and the behind the back jumpers in the endzone ... etc - Moulds has finess and strength.

I remember Bledsoe got nailed when he was throwing against the Jaguars last year and barely got the ball out - the ball traveled 20 yards and was headed straight to the ground, Moulds came out of no where leaped freken 8 yards and made an amazing 1 handed fingertip catch on a wabbling ball.

Finess and Strength - Moulds by a mile.

Boston"s first 5 yrs were better than Moulds first 5 yrs. It is not a stretch to believe that when all is said and done Boston's career will be better than Moulds.

If the question is who is better right now, I'd say Moulds, but I don't think the spread is huge. I have Moulds in the top 5 and Boston in the top 10.

If the question is who I'd rather get, then I'll take the 25 yr old over the 30 yr old.

Originally posted by DaQuix
I cant stand it when fans vote for there guy just because they have them. Watch a couple of Bills games, and then try to tell me Boston is better.

It is not even close. All you say that Moulds had a bad year last year? HE WAS OUT FOR 7 GAMES ...

There is absolutely no comparison. Moulds is A LOT better than Boston. I dont give a **** about potential. Ryan Leaf had potential.

Boston has a edge on strength but Boston doesnt make the one handed catches, and the behind the back jumpers in the endzone ... etc - Moulds has finess and strength.

I remember Bledsoe got nailed when he was throwing against the Jaguars last year and barely got the ball out - the ball traveled 20 yards and was headed straight to the ground, Moulds came out of no where leaped freken 8 yards and made an amazing 1 handed fingertip catch on a wabbling ball.

ryan leaf never had the qb equivalent of 100 catches and 1600 yards.

that alone discredits your entire post. leaf never did anything, boston has.

Moulds 8 seasons- 3 seasons with over a 1000 yds
Boston 5 seasons- 2 seasons with over a 1000 yds.

Anyone who thinks either Moulds or Boston is a top 4 receiver is overrating both of them.

Is Moulds better than Moss, TO, Harrison, Torry Holt or Isaac Bruce. No way. Heck Jerry Rice has been nearly as productive in the last 5 years as Moulds. The exact same thing can be said of Boston. He's not as good as those top 5 but neither is Moulds and anyone who says so is as much a Bills homer as any Dolphins homer.

And Moulds played in 13 games last year not 7 whether he was hurt or not he played in 13 games.

Originally posted by zevo
Mould is so much more proven then Boston and better. Its not even close. Moulds is the 4th best wr in the NFL.

LOL, talk about a homer.

Boston is better. What's this being more proven junk? Boston hasn't proven himself?

1-Moss
2-Harrison
3-Owens
4-Holt

Others better than Moulds: Toomer, Horn, Boston, Bruce, Jimmy Smith, Coles.

Soon to be unarguably better: Chambers, Santana, Chad Johnson.

Originally posted by zevo
Mould is so much more proven then Boston and better. Its not even close. Moulds is the 4th best wr in the NFL.

Moulds doesnt scare me at all. But he was injured this year which means it doesnt mean squat if he is standing on the sideline. Moulds has been shut down like 3 or 4 times by our DB's. Moulds has only made us pay like 2 or 3.
I dont think boston/Moulds comaprison is one you can make right now cus of moulds injury last year and boston not as productive as years past. I think they both are great WR's.

Originally posted by SMadison29

LOL, talk about a homer.

Soon to be unarguably better: Chambers, Santana, Chad Johnson.
You call someone a homer and then go on to play Ms. Cleo. :lol:

Originally posted by DaQuix

im sorry, moulds has dropped off a bit. they are both about equal IMO.

Back
Top Bottom