Boston | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boston

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
Why does he need to lose weight? he is effective at the weight he is right now and he is still fast so why do the coaches want him to lose weight?

I think it's the fact he was so much better at a lighter weight. I do agree if he looks good at that weight then leave him alone.

Before he was the flanker now he's the possession guy.It's different now for him here even though I feel at this weight he can go deep.

If David Greene has the possibility of being our hope, then Craig Krenzel has an equal shot......Greene blows....

Greene is way better than Krenzel would,could,or will ever be.He's already a top 3 favorite to win the Heisman!!!! Check Yo Self!!!

Uhhh, Krenzel lead his team to a National Championship.....has Greene won a confrence championship yet?? And, let me be the first to bust your bubble....being a favorite in the Heismen doesn't mean ****.....that impresses me to the least. David Greene will have an NFL career equal to that of Ryan Leaf.....In, fact he won't even have that much hype.....he's an "OK" college QB.....far from being ANY teams "hope"

nick19991 said:
Why does he need to lose weight? he is effective at the weight he is right now and he is still fast so why do the coaches want him to lose weight?

I don't think anyone has problems with his speed or explosion. He can probably be very effective at 240, though dropping another 10 pounds would probably make him a little faster. The problem comes from a bigger risk of injury. In this, his speed is a double-edged sword: 240 pound bodies just aren't built to run as fast as he does, so it creates a great deal of stress on his knees and ankles. To his credit, Boston played as high as 257 last year, so the progress he's made so far in the name of being healthier has been good.
This is the same problem that Fred Taylor had for a long time; he was making cuts and runs that you generally can't do at 230 pounds, and it caused him some problems. He was, in effect, too fast for his own good.

buckeyenic007 said:
Uhhh, Krenzel lead his team to a National Championship.....has Greene won a confrence championship yet?? And, let me be the first to bust your bubble....being a favorite in the Heismen doesn't mean ****.....that impresses me to the least. David Greene will have an NFL career equal to that of Ryan Leaf.....In, fact he won't even have that much hype.....he's an "OK" college QB.....far from being ANY teams "hope"

Hey guys, the college football forum is elsewhere. Talk OSU-UGa smack there.

Uhhh, leading your team to the national title is worth squat...I think Miami has already gone down the road of drafting the QB from the National Champion...Josh Heupel...Didn't work out. Greene is okay, not very mobile, but has an NFL caliber arm.

Once again, check yo self!!
He won the SEC and Sugar Bowl his sophomore year.We'll see what kinda NFL career he'll have in retrospect to Leaf.Greene is a bit more intelligent than Leaf was and has a better arm to boot.Buckeyes are a thing of the past man.Get over it!

phunwin said:
Hey guys, the college football forum is elsewhere. Talk OSU-UGa smack there.
Thank you phun... I was about to say the same thing.

Hey, there are plenty of other threads on this message board....if you don't want to talk college football in this thread, don't read it....

All I am saying is David Greene is not that great...and on the topic of the Dolphins, (last time I checked, this was a 'Fins message board) drafting a 2nd round QB (AT BEST) in the draft is not something that I would call "our only hope"

Mod Note: Buckeye, welcome aboard. Enjoy the site. And... the folks asking you to place discussion of the merits of college players in the college forum are right. It's not germaine to the fins yet, -- and firing up a new thread on the topic in the college forum would bring comment and discussion from those who follow college players closely. It works better there, and that's why it's a house rule. Thanks.

phunwin said:
I don't think anyone has problems with his speed or explosion. He can probably be very effective at 240, though dropping another 10 pounds would probably make him a little faster. The problem comes from a bigger risk of injury. In this, his speed is a double-edged sword: 240 pound bodies just aren't built to run as fast as he does, so it creates a great deal of stress on his knees and ankles. To his credit, Boston played as high as 257 last year, so the progress he's made so far in the name of being healthier has been good.
This is the same problem that Fred Taylor had for a long time; he was making cuts and runs that you generally can't do at 230 pounds, and it caused him some problems. He was, in effect, too fast for his own good.
You explained it very well. I would like to add the Bostons body frame can only maintain a certain amount of stress from the extra weight of all that muscel. Sure bone density besomes higher with free wieghts. However, the bone will reach a maxium density. There in becoming a problem in getting to big not just for his postion, but to big for his body to maitain. Which will lead to all kinds of injuries.

Back
Top Bottom