Boston | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boston

IAFINFAN

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Saw a link where he is on target to get his playing weight down to 228. I haven't been to this sight for awhile and didn't know if with all the camp reports if he looked like he was slimming down. The same report also indicated that Fiedler looks to be the starting QB if the season started today.

Is Boston slim now since he lost weight or is he still bulk up?

Yes, I believed I read Boston had slimmed down somewhere around 230 lbs in his last QB camp, but overall his physic still shows he is pumped...

what is the site??? I would like to read it! :goof:

I think he reached his target weight already. The mans still ripped, no denying that.

..Yes, David has already reached the desired wieght of the Fins. Even at 260 his body fat was low....they did a similar test on DB that they did on RW upon arriving here, determining how their body reacts to certain intakes. DB's body reacted negativley to carbonated drinks(Diet pop) so he cut down....... most bodybuilders DB's size weigh anywhere from 200-240....So basically you can still look better than ever while dropping weight, by cutting up and limiting water retention. So people concerned about DB losing strength from losing 20+ pounds..never fear the strength differential will be microscoptic...

Ya, Boston is att his target weight. This guy is gonna own some CB's this year. Hell burn the slow ones and maul the small ones.

Glad to hear he is on course. He very well could be the steal of this offseason. I do have one question though. I heard that he has trouble in run blocking. How is this possible? He is 230 now, 260 then and cant block a corner who tops out at 190. He should be killing CBs on run plays. I can only assume that he has poor technique, but come on. He does not need to attain the skills of a tackle, just enough to keep his hands in and shove that little CB all over the field. If he was as poor as they say I hope this is a primary focus for him durrring camp. Especially with the number of times wanny likes to run. If he doesn't improve he could dind himself on the bech and us running more two TE sets.

dreadlockera said:
Glad to hear he is on course. He very well could be the steal of this offseason. I do have one question though. I heard that he has trouble in run blocking. How is this possible? He is 230 now, 260 then and cant block a corner who tops out at 190. He should be killing CBs on run plays. I can only assume that he has poor technique, but come on. He does not need to attain the skills of a tackle, just enough to keep his hands in and shove that little CB all over the field. If he was as poor as they say I hope this is a primary focus for him durrring camp. Especially with the number of times wanny likes to run. If he doesn't improve he could dind himself on the bech and us running more two TE sets.
Hmmm..never heard that??? Im with you though,hard to believe he couldnt just put all the db's on their arse..

dreadlockera said:
...odd, where have u heard this. Ive heard the exact opposite and tht the Dolphins hope to use his rub blocking skills to help alot especially backing up Randy McMhiceal(not a great run blocker) . I also hope he gets to run the ball some on a trick play evry now and then, kinda like tht beauty of a play to James McKnight against N.Y.

D-Bo's weight probably fluxuates a 1 lb or 1.5 lb's a day. Setting a target weight for him is kind of retarded. Believe me no one would mind one bit if he showed up 235-238 lbs.

The kid is going to be lights out this year. If you've followed David's career since his first game at OSU, you'd be more excited about this upcoming season because of his mind set, and not his weight. The boy wants to prove to the world how good he is. And thats why he is dangerous, his speed and strength will meerly be bonus's.

FinFan24 said:
...odd, where have u heard this. Ive heard the exact opposite and tht the Dolphins hope to use his rub blocking skills to help alot especially backing up Randy McMhiceal(not a great run blocker) . I also hope he gets to run the ball some on a trick play evry now and then, kinda like tht beauty of a play to James McKnight against N.Y.

I hope you guys are right! I just recall hearing that he was a poor blocker in the early camps. Doesn't seem to make sense unless he just wasn't trying. Certainly possible, although I think he has finally pulled his head out of his a$$. Thanks Jerry!!

If he did have problems in the early camps, i assume it was due to fatigue. He did say that his biggest problem has been adjusting to the humidity etc and that it was coming along in the later camps.

Back
Top Bottom