Boston's assets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boston's assets

pvgolf32

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Because of his seclusion in Arizona and San Diego, i haven't seen much action of Boston, what does he bring to the table as far as another speed reciever,etc. is he a superstar or a solid receiver to play along side CC

If he remains totally dedicated, stays the right weight and out of trouble, he is without a doubt a top 5 WR in the NFL.

Us having Sullivan is a HUGE plus to making that happen.

like others have said - if he could make the kind of production he did in ARIZONA and SAN DIEGO, then he should do about the same here... because all 3 aforementioned teams have NO PASSING GAME!!! ;) :D

Originally posted by pvgolf32
Because of his seclusion in Arizona and San Diego, i haven't seen much action of Boston, what does he bring to the table as far as another speed reciever,etc. is he a superstar or a solid receiver to play along side CC

He was 260lbs in 2003 and he still ran 4.4 in the 40.

If Boston is here for 16 games in 2004 and he doesn't gain 1000 yards you can pretty much surmise that under the Wannestedt regime no receiver will.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133230

he's a "good-sized" receiver to say the least. He won't be jammed at the line by some sucker DB/CB and has the speed to get open....with his size, he'll be able to manhandle the DB/CB covering him and keep him off of Ricky when running to his side. he's got good hands and has proven he can produce. That said...he does have a few negatives (personality, "drugs" etc.) that may be his downfall.

What I'd love seeing is he and Chambers going against Surtain and Madison in 11-on-11s come August. :eek:

hell yeah....now that would be a practice worth watching......might improve all 4 of em.

Question is, who do you double?? Both guys have blazing speed. Both are big guys. Thompson is also a 220-lb slot WR. Better not be bringing any midget nickelbacks to the field.

Then you've got Randy exploiting the middle. Konrad and Ricky going wide. And Ricky running inside and out. That's alot of weapons. With decent protection and run blocking......man, that's a dangerous offense.

Exactly Muck! That's what I'm hoping for. Having a good #2 (#1) WR will push the safeties back, stop the 'double CC all the time' philosophy, allow our TEs (McMichael) to get more then 2-4 up the middle....give ricky some breathing room without the line stacked against him.......i could go on and on........

Now....the only thing I want is our Oline to give one of the FeeFee twins a chance to throw the ball so we're not back to square one.

What I would do is double both Chambers and Boston with starting CB +safety, put my best cover LB on McMichael and cross my fingers and hope that Miami's o-line is as bad as last years.

That equals 7 men in the box with 7 blockers. It's all up to the blockers at that point.

Boston will not all of a sudden make Miami one of the top passing teams in the league. Ricky is still the franchise. The addition of Boston would be more to keep defenses from stacking the line, giving Ricky more room to run. Chambers and Boston will get opportunities and yardage, but they won't be the focal point of the offense. We will still be in the lower portion of the league in pass attempts because we will still be playing Wanny ball. Run Ricky run. Nothing wrong with that as long as it works.

Originally posted by relive1972
We will still be in the lower portion of the league in pass attempts because we will still be playing Wanny ball. Run Ricky run. Nothing wrong with that as long as it works.

I don't believe that will be true for this upcoming season. Our new Offensive Coordinator has explained the new approach to every week of the season. Miami won't be playing their identity all year long. If an opponent has the #1 run defense and the worst pass defense in the NFL, Miami will attack the passing game and vice versa. With Boston, it gives them more flexibility in being able to have the choice of that specific Sunday being a run game or a passing game. Last year, we didn't have that luxury.

But basically what I'm saying, is that the game plans will be different every week during the season. Ricky won't be pounded ever Sunday like he was last year.

Back
Top Bottom