Bottom of the Barrel? What will change us? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bottom of the Barrel? What will change us?

phinasota

Bleed Aqua
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Ok so if we come up short throught out the year like we have the last two games and after Sporano and house is cleaned out, what is your first move? Who do you go after for coaching? Who do you draft, assuming we are in the top 5? Do you keep Henne if he continues to improve? How would you get us out from the bottom of the barrel?

Just a side note... ive been so depressed watching this team thoughout the years. I hate seeing teams like detroit who couldnt win a game a couple years ago to looking and playing like a solid team in 2/3rds less time than it took us to get to this weak a$$ point were at. i hate this regime... fml:(

It is so sad to see such a storied franchise (72 phins, perfect season, 2 super bowls, 5 super bowl appearances, shula, griese, csonka, marino...) turn into a sinking ship and a laughing stock. It is so sad to sit at home and watch a home game and there are nothing but empty seats and absolutely no crowd noise at all! But in my opinion the number one reason for the problems that this franchise is facing is a lack of structure from top to bottom, a lack of origination and direction. From the owner, to the general manager and scouting department, to the coach, and right down to the Quarterback there is nothing but dysfunction. To build a winning and stable franchise with direction everybody has to be on the same page, the owner, the GM, the coach, and the most important player on the field the QB all have to be on the same page and understand what direction the franchise and team is heading, everybody is in it together and this franchise is far from it my friends.

When Parcells came in I was happy because I thought we were finally going to get that structure and everything was going to be organized, and for the most part he did that in his first year, we looked a lot more professional and it looked as though we had direction, but parcells dropped the ball in a lot of areas with his drafting and FA acquisitions but for the most part he put on his on solid ground and at the very least made us competitive again, we can argue all day about matt ryan and jake long and the whole laundry list of bad moves but I'm not going to get into that.

But look at the dysfunction that has taken place, we find out that david lee our QB coach was behind the pat white pick and he also made some suggestions on some other picks, seriously who has their QB coach making picks on draft day? then we had the whole problem with parcells and ross and the orange carpet and parcells not feeling comfortable so he leaves, then the decisions get left up to ireland, so he is out there asking dez bryant is his mom is a prostitute, then we have ross and ireland both flying out to California to try and hire harbough when we still had a head coach! thats dysfunctional and you dont do that! then we come home and confess our love for sparano and give him an extension and full control of personnel, then we try and trade for orton and that whole thing falls apart and now we have a lame duck coach, and QB on our team, the two most important people on the the team! so there is no structure from top to bottom and it is just a mess, sparano, ross, ireland, henne, the communication must be terrible and there is no direction, look what the falcons did with tom dimitroff from new england, they brought him in and that franchise is on the right path, the GM, owner, coach, and QB are all on the same page and they have a direction and structure now, the saints have it now too, if we want to fix this franchise we need structure and not dysfunction, look at the organizations that consistently win and are competitive, packers, eagles, steelers, ravens, patriots, colts, giants, and now even the saints and jets, they have structure, have a plan and a direction and are moving in the right direction and until ross understands that and brings in a coach or GM who understands that then nothing will change and the seats will stay empty!​

Naturally a better QB probably would do wonders and receivers that can actually hold onto the ball when it hits their hands. Henne may not be the best in the NFL but we have to admit that our receivers drop some very catchable passes thrown to them.

Second. I thought it last year and still do this year, our secondary is horrible. They can not cover someone if you gave them all a blanket. Happy with this kid Thomas running and the hit on him was perfect to jar the ball lose. Do not know of any RB in the NFL that has never fumbled if someone does know of one, please let us all know.

Right now its pretty evident they put a lot of faith in Columbo at RT. After watching Murtha I had hoped he would replace Columbo, 2million salary or not. Columbo is literally being pushed around and sometimes to his left all the way to the center spot. Not going to convince me even with the short time period allowed, there was not a better option out there for us at RT position.

Finally, as much as I like Tony he made a huge boo boo by admitting he has no idea of what is going on or how to change it. Also in his latest comments that he spends more time on the road with the players ? another boo boo. If you need more time with the players at home then do so. If it violates no NFL rules to spend more time with players on the road then why do you not spend more time with the players when you have a home game ? I do not understand that position at all.

The only person that can bring immediate respect to this franchise is Bill Cowher.

What will change us? A head coach that isn't over his head, and a FO that has this:

515671ggr_brass_balls_super-1.jpg

were 0-2 its not the end of the world

I know you just didn't start watching the Dolphins this year. Although I agree with you regarding 0-2 I think everyone is just tired of the same old **** year after year. It never changes!

were 0-2 its not the end of the world
what is our home record the last two seasons?

Do you actually see this improving? Why do you see that? Is our defense just going to suddenly get it? is our offense just going to get it?

Have you been paying attention at all since 2000?

Back
Top Bottom