Boulware to meet with Cleveland than Seattle | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boulware to meet with Cleveland than Seattle

painnotpleasure

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
Boulware will fly to Cleveland on Wednesday evening for the Thursday session, agent Roosevelt Barnes told ESPN.com, and then is tentatively scheduled to visit with Seattle Seahawks officials on Friday, assuming he does not sign with the Browns before that. The eight-year veteran, who missed the '04 season with knee and toe injuries, has already visited with the Houston Texans.
Part of the process with Boulware, as well, will be determining his salary desires. He was slated for a base salary of $6 million this season in Baltimore and, while he won't land a contract worth nearly that much in 2005, neither will he jump at a bargain basement deal. It probably will take more than the other free-agent linebackers who recently moved to new teams for 2005 will receive this season.
Interesting to know he was due to get $6 million... another reason why Baltimore had to release him. (Not just because of the rookies).

My honest guess is that he'll sign with Cleveland over Seattle or anyone else. I bet the signing takes place within the next two weeks at the LATEST, and that should to put an end to the short-lived Boulware to Miami threads. I still would like to have him, but I don't see it happening. Does anyone know if he has any visits planned here? Didn't say so in the article, so I would guess no.

Here's the link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2073021

I guess we won't be signing him anytime soon...oh well, I really wanted to sign the guy.

Predaphin said:
I guess we won't be signing him anytime soon...oh well, I really wanted to sign the guy.
It seems like that'll be the case, but I wouldn't count it out completely until we find out if he'll be visiting anymore teams (incase we might be included in that list). If he ends up visiting here, he may very well end up falling in love with Miami and be impressed with Saban. Just wishful thinking on my part (not even sure where we'd find the money for him), but I wouldn't count it out completely yet. :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom