Bowens/ Chester | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bowens/ Chester

Bjorn

Go Giants
Reaction score
I read on the finheaven homepage that Saban doesn't know if they will play next year. Does this mean that he may cut them on June 1st?

I think there is a possibility that TimBo may get cut. His injuries are unfortunate-he was a hell of player, who's value was seriously under appreciated by many. Finding another DT that comes close to his abilities will be a major challenge for the fins in the future.

phinsforever said:
Finding another DT that comes close to his abilities will be a major challenge for the fins in the future.

I don't think it will be as hard as u think. Next years draft has a deep class of DT's and OT's and I think we will be picking somewhere between 5-20( not to be negative, just rational) so I think we will be fine with those 2 needs.

b_hjelmeland123 said:
I don't think it will be as hard as u think. Next years draft has a deep class of DT's and OT's and I think we will be picking somewhere between 5-20( not to be negative, just rational) so I think we will be fine with those 2 needs.
5-20 is a pretty big range. :wink: I agree that DT and LT are big needs, but we may have other needs (impossible to tell a year in advance). I'm not as optimistic as you are in finding an equal replacement for Bowens though. In my opinion, over the last 5 years, he was a top 3 DT in the league. Statistically, he never had phenomenal years, but he did so much, so well. He was an anchor (couldn't budge him), was a solid tackler, and had solid pass rush abilities. Guys like Sapp get all the attention, but Bowens was just as good, if not better. If he's done it will be a big loss for the franchise.

I say we sign Traylor now(I wonder why it is taking so long), and put a 6th round pick offer into the July Supplemental Draft for USC's Wright.

Nublar7 said:
I say we sign Traylor now(I wonder why it is taking so long), and put a 6th round pick offer into the July Supplemental Draft for USC's Wright.

That's a good idea, I like it!

Nublar7 said:

is that rodrique wright and wat bout vickerson?

dominizzo said:
is that rodrique wright and wat bout vickerson?
Manuel Wright.

Vickerson was a 7th round pick, so I think he will need time to develop to ever be considered to compete for a starting job. Wright is said to be one of the best DTs in next years draft(now he is coming out early).

Nublar7 said:
I strongly agree with you on Traylor, but I would be willing to give up a 5th for Wright. I don't think a 6th round bid will get him.

Nublar7 said:
Manuel Wright.

Vickerson was a 7th round pick, so I think he will need time to develop to ever be considered to compete for a starting job. Wright is said to be one of the best DTs in next years draft(now he is coming out early).

can we get this guy now or next year?

dominizzo said:
what happened to this guy why wasnt he good egnough to go in the 1st 7 rounds?
The way his birthday fell, he wasn't allowed to enter the NFL draft in April. However, he will be elligible in July for the Supplemental Draft.

Nublar7 said:
I heard that GB could go as high as a 3rd for Manny wright so a 6th wouldnt get him if thats true.

Back
Top Bottom