Bowens fined for cheap shot late hit. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bowens fined for cheap shot late hit.

Nah. It definitley wasn't a cheap shot. But I come from a different era of football, where the middle belongs to the safeties. Thank God Atwater and Dennis Smith were able to play in the days when football was really football.

If Chambers is going to come over the middle, tell him to buckle up.

that game is still over, man. chambers took the hit, sat out, recovered and moved on. why can't anyone else? who are the broncos playing this week?

October 13th

October 13th, was the night of the Broncos/Fin game. That was 19 days ago. Get over it Taco John. You're the minority here(probably the only person in the country who thinks it was a clean hit), but thats not the point. Are you going to be in here in March talking about the hit? You need to get over it.

I'm over it... I just thought it was interesting that they fined a guy for something that happened three weeks ago. Then people want to pile on about the hit... I can run with that. I happen to agree with the experts who played the game in that Kennedy was just doing his job on that hit and shouldn't have been fined.

I think more notable is the fine happy nature of the NFL today. Mike Vick got fined $5000 for wearing his socks too low, and another $2500 for tossing a football into the stands after a touchdown. Ridiculous.

Originally posted by Taco John
I come from a different era of football, where the middle belongs to the safeties. Thank God Atwater and Dennis Smith were able to play in the days when football was really football.

That was what, 10 years ago?? LOL. Man, you go way back. :lol:

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I wonder why they would wait three weeks to give out the fine...thats ridiculous.

I agree...

Gene Washington is a clown.

Either way, at least Bowens is taking his penalty like a man and not appealing, he knows he did wrong... unlike certain other Defenders whose name I wont mention.

Technically Kennedy wasn't fined by the NFL for that hit on Chambers. He was suspended a game without pay. If you ask me he got off cheap compared to what Dawkins and Woodson's fines were.

:monkey: Taco John

Back
Top Bottom